Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Do you like your job?

Old 05-04-2011, 12:34 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default Do you like your job?

Started a New job last week after being out of work for a few months. I operate a oven the size of a house,which makes boats with huge steel molds i have to work with. It was fun at first,but now its getting brutal and stressful. Pay sucks but at least i have a job now. What do you guys do,and do you like it?

Old 05-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

I'm a cook at a Long John Silvers. I'd rather work on cars... 5 months ago I didn't know how to change my oil...Now I've replaced all my front suspension and steering, fixed a hole in my trans coolant line, replaced the trans filter...I love learning about this stuff, but having to go make crappy food gets in the way. So, I don't really enjoy my job, but it makes it possible for me to work on my Jimmy. I guess you could say I work to work.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

My brother worked there. He would bring home left over fish etc everynight. Was cool at 1st. but now i cant eat it anymore. and the smell makes me sick lol

Old 05-04-2011, 12:49 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If work were fun, they wouldn't call it 'work'.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:06 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I was annoyed with my job for a spell for a myriad of reasons. One of them being it wasn't challenging, another because there was no room for advancement, and the last because I could put two years of my time and effort into getting a kid where he needed to be behaviorally and the parents wouldn't be on board so it seemed like it was all for naught.

But then I remind myself that both of my parents are unemployed...

Old 05-04-2011, 01:06 PM
BF Veteran

lol true...and i dont know why,but everytime i see your name,i look to see if the threads locked. haha paranoia at its best!

Old 05-04-2011, 01:55 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

i work at a world famous seafood restaurant called mike linnigs on the ohio river, it has outdoor seating for over 1000, and inside for about 500, we have people from all over the world come and eat there and some celebritys. i work in the outside bar doing soft drinks, its ok other then the hours i work. 12pm-11pm kind of sucks with no break, but hey at least i make tips. we are only busy for about 3 hours out of that and thats the worst part of the job. its ok im not complaining, i know kids that would kill to have any job

Old 05-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have a job right now and I don't like it. However I did have a second job for a while before I went off to school and I hated it, I was hired as a mechanic(he was very specific on wanting another mechanic in the shop) at a shop 30mi away from my house, every day I washed my bosses truck twice, weeded around the shop, and shoveled gravel to fill in the potholes in the parking lot, then he would stand around and complain about all the cars that were lining up saying he didn't have enough help around the shop. The other guys who worked there were also annoyed (oh and he paid significantly less then minimal wage) because he wouldn't let me and a couple of other guys work in the shop. After realizing I was barely breaking even in gas$/wages I put in my notice and left.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:14 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i am a sales rep for pepsi...i basically sell in soda/pop into places like wal mart and kroger...and so on.
i have to say the job is physical and stressful sometimes but all in all i like it alot. as long as i do a good job, my boss leaves me alone and i am driving alot during the day so it breaks up the time.

i have had office jobs in the past (architectural degree-animation and rendering) and felt like i was caged.

i too would rather work on cars, but if you turn a good hobby into a job it isnt so much fun anymore.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:32 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I am a mechanic and I like it , I look forward to going to work , I am studying for the ase test in brakes and suspention and steering . Also tomorrow I have to send in my paper work & 25 dollars so I can get my NY state inspectors lisence . I get paid by the hour and then get a comission for the work that i complete . The only complaint is not having no time to work on my own vehicles . I'm 34 and I figure its about time to find something that I like doing and go all out . I have a garage at my house that is just is big as the one I work at , so maybe someday I will open my own shop .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you like your job?