Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

dodge 2500

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dodge 2500

so my dad owns a 1999 dodge 2500 v-8(gasoline) and it starts realy hard in warm wheather. It won't start at all in cold or wet wheather. we have already tuned it up and changed the air and water temperature sensor in it and it started nice twice then it went back to nothing. the starter is good so is the selenoid. when we try to start it, it advances everything so much that it blows back threw the throttle body. does anybody know whats wrong with this thing? is it a bad timing sensor? worn out chain? it's only got abot 120,000 miles on it and we realy need as my dad drives it to chicago during the week.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the chain has stretched to the point of jumping the cam to crank timing, it should show up on a compression check. If you rotate the engine over to TDC #1 cylinder, does the distributor rotor point to the #1 tower on the distributor?

Old 03-11-2009, 05:32 PM

Well a new symptom that points to the timing chain. luck has it that i got it running and i decided to drive around the block to charge the batterie. i decided to do a stress test and floored it and went nowere....I could here the distributer or something spinning around like mad but all the cylinders started to missfire

Old 03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it stayed running, then the noise was coming from someplace other than the distributor or timing set. You would not strip a timing set and still have a running engine.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:49 PM

I talked to my dad and we think either fuel filter or some spark sensor....we can't ever remember changing the fuel filter and we are pretty sure it's not the injectors because we ran sea foam threw it not too long ago. but most of the the spark and fuel or emmisions crap that would throw the truck off would happen all the time and this is only on hard acceleration and start up....once agian we don't see the logic of ever leaving carburators

Old 03-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

i would change the fuel filter

Old 03-15-2009, 09:54 PM
calgsblaza is an unknown quantity at this point

Lemme guess, it's got the 360 right? Just light it on fire then lol

Old 03-26-2009, 12:32 PM

well so now i am stumped. i was looking undernieth for the fuel filter, couldn't find it. looked in the repair book, couldnt find it there either. So i went into the auto parts store just to see what it looked like.......well there was a reason i didn't find it. The fuel filter is integrated in the fuel pump assembly. So if it is clogged can I clean it out or am i going to have to get a whole new fuel pump?