Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Dodge Fails Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:34 AM
jman_08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dodge Fails Again

For years i have told my friend to get rid of his 2001 Dodge Ram he has been thru many transmission and rear ends. So tonight His differential started leaking gear fluid not knowing how bad it was leaking he kept driving it i advised him against this.

Anyway he went to the store said his rear end began to make grinding and whining noise so he wanted me to come follow him home. Went to follow him home we are on the highway all i hear is a loud bang Tires lock up driveshaft drops sparks and whatnot Anyway had to use 4 wheel drive to get off the highway dragging the rear end. 160 dollar tow.

Not sure what happend the truck will role in reverse but rear tires just skid in drive. Driveshaft is toast.

Anyway just had to share the story on a p.o.s Dodge I will get pictures of the rear end as soon as we know what happend to it.

Forgot to add went back on the highway there is gear oil for miles it is sprayed all over the bottom of the truck along with gears and pieces of the diff along the highway.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:16 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

He probably stattered the gears inside. It sounds like he's aweful hard on the truck. You have to be pretty stupid to drive without diff fluid in your diff...nothing good is going to come of it. You're bound to blow your diff up pretty quickly.
I happen to really like the dodge trucks. They are one hell of a truck, and they're extremely tough. I've heard of some issues with the transmissions over certain years, but overall they are a tough truck and will last if you do the proper maintenance.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:38 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't blame Dodge for this. Your friend knew there was a leak and drove it anyways.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
I wouldn't blame Dodge for this. Your friend knew there was a leak and drove it anyways.
x2, he knew about it and kept driving it anyways. he took the risk and lost.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:43 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

He bet it all and lost big.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:26 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yup...not Dodge's fault.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:26 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

dodges have bullet proof engines
but one thing they are bad on is gas mileage
and breaks
my dads company has 5 duallys and they go through breaks like crazy

Old 03-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

dodges are terrible IMO
don't make me bring the evidence out

Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

dodges are junk. the durango that I drove when I was 16 and my parents bought new and still have, burns alot of oil and has had multiple engine problems. Also Dodge automatic transmissions are junk. He may have been hard on the truck and it is definetly his fault for driving it with a leaking rear end so he cant really blame it on being a Dodge even though they are mostly junk

Old 03-08-2010, 10:19 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

jman, your friend is a tool. plain & simple.

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
dodges are terrible IMO
don't make me bring the evidence out

lets hear your pro-Ford stories.

Quick Reply: Dodge Fails Again