The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Dodge Fails Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Joemakerman
Do tell!

-Joe
x2. Please tell us.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

you guys want a story, or just general stuff thats tough about it (a story kind of goes along with that)?

Old 03-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
you guys want a story, or just general stuff thats tough about it (a story kind of goes along with that)?
Why not both? lol if you have the time for that

-Joe

Old 03-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Banned

allright well i'll give a little bit of both

well my dads 1998 f250 V10 gas, only maintence ever done new starter. and oil changes thats it's in 120,000 miles. it has pulled gravity wagons loaded with corn and soybeans for most of those miles. costantly used as a wood hauler. has only got stuck once. blazer had to pull it out. thats was with a gravity wagon hooked up too. it has made many trips to canada. hauling a pontoon boat and camper. 450+miles one way. my brothers 1992 ford taurus, has 115,000 miles. minor front end work. balljoints and tie rods. 1 tranny line blew. thats about it. i can't say the blazer has not left me stranded. balljoints blew out on a major highway, cut across 4 lanes of traffic, dodged 2 semis with terrible steering, (go out take a wheel off your blazer and drive around the block and see what your steerings like, thats about what it was) alternator blew up. list goes on and on. i love the blazer to death, just because of the looks and when it runs, it runs well, but if i ever find a decent f150 i'd bite on it.

now my buddies dodge. 1999 dodge 1500 5.9L v8 consumes coolant like a horse that drinks water. distributor wires just went bad. had a no-start, changed wires and all was good. his bumper has rusted out, and a bunch of other stuff ( i don't have the time to list it all) and his truck only has 98,000 miles.

my moms dodge van
all the window seals fell out at 50,000 miles, power windows stopped working at 60,000, front end went out at 130,000, radio stopped working at around 70,000, brakes have to be replaced every year and it sits now more than ever since my mom got a new ford. the dodge has over 160,000 miles. as far as longevity its the longest time we've owned a vehicle. but stuff started crapping out shortly after the warranty ran out.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

if i ever find a decent f150 i'd bite on it.
Some body PLEASE find this kid an F150!!! PLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Old 03-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Starting Member

alright well it seems like that f-250 has done decent but its not much to brag about a truck with 120,000. Plus have fun replacing hub assemblys on that Dana 50 pretty soon.
And with the taurus it seems to be holding up alright but then again its only got 115,000 on it. I would not brag too much about either of those as far as longevity. Get back to use when they both hit 150-160K.

and to be very clear im not trying to bash on any of your stuff and if you like it then its fine just throwing my .02 in.

haha and i was hoping to read something about a mustang in your argument.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Some body PLEASE find this kid an F150!!! PLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!
haha, anything to get rid of me.

Originally Posted by sifd4x4
alright well it seems like that f-250 has done decent but its not much to brag about a truck with 120,000. Plus have fun replacing hub assemblys on that Dana 50 pretty soon.
And with the taurus it seems to be holding up alright but then again its only got 115,000 on it. I would not brag too much about either of those as far as longevity. Get back to use when they both hit 150-160K.

and to be very clear im not trying to bash on any of your stuff and if you like it then its fine just throwing my .02 in.

haha and i was hoping to read something about a mustang in your argument.
mustang story...mustang story...
i got one. my dads 2nd car
69 mustang, hit 2 different trees in the same day. one on the way to see his girlfriend and one on the way back. drove her home too.

the car not his girlfriend.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Starting Member

haha I was looking for the epic mustang> any other sports or muscle car made kind of story. But it sounds like your family has had good luck with Fords.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sifd4x4
haha I was looking for the epic mustang> any other sports or muscle car made kind of story. But it sounds like your family has had good luck with Fords.

epic not true story>
One such story on the heartwarming side, is of Joseph Cram (Hot Rod Joe to his friends) and his father, Ralph Cram. They had always longed to take their rebuilt 1968 Ford Mustang Coupe out on the open roads of the USA for a grand father-son event to remember.
Then the economy took an unexpected turn. Joe and his father were forced to part with their beloved ‘68 Mustang and left behind a gaping hole in their hearts. Now, 16 years after the prior departure, Joe and Ralph were given the chance to take a road trip from Houston to Detroit to take part in the renowned Woodward Dream Cruise, rolling down the roadways in a 2010 Mustang convertible

Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

now my buddies dodge. 1999 dodge 1500 5.9L v8 consumes coolant like a horse that drinks water. distributor wires just went bad. had a no-start, changed wires and all was good. his bumper has rusted out, and a bunch of other stuff ( i don't have the time to list it all) and his truck only has 98,000 miles.
Just thought I'd point something out, not trying to be a jerk or anything or necessarily be a fan-boy so to speak. Anywho. You do realize its an 11 year old truck right? Wires went bad after 11 years? Could've been much worse repairs and for the wires to make it 11 years is pretty good. Has he looked for WHY the truck uses a lot of coolant? Initial guess is theres a leak, which probably wouldn't be that hard to fix. And you live in MI, where I'm sure the roads get salted in winter, which I guess runs roughly 5-6 months out of the year for you guys. Again, 11 years of salty roads and the bumper is rusting? A vehicle will run just fine with a rusty bumper. And horses do drink water btw.

Quick Reply: Dodge Fails Again