Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   Does your girlfriend/wife ever give you crap about our dirty greasy mechanic hands? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/does-your-girlfriend-wife-ever-give-you-crap-about-our-dirty-greasy-mechanic-hands-68998/)

chris015 03-14-2012 05:32 PM

Does your girlfriend/wife ever give you crap about our dirty greasy mechanic hands?

My hands/fingernails are usually like this :
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2423/...8e4455c6fc.jpg

My girlfriend of 3 months has been giving me grief about it even though she knows that id give her up before my hobbies anyday lol.

warthogdriver 03-14-2012 05:39 PM

here are mine in an avg mech workout...

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/a...10227-1811.jpg

i have tried wearing gloves...i just cant keep them on...i cant feel what i am doing with them on.
yeah yours look pretty good compared to mine on avg day.
i find that avg dish soap and shampoo work best.

pettyfog 03-14-2012 05:40 PM

Wife doesnt, esp after working on her car.

Girlfriend does...
Bwhahahahahahahaa! Made you do a double-take

chris015 03-14-2012 05:41 PM

lol those arent mine.

Ive actually found the only hand cleaner that works. its that orange pumice from autozone. Its gotta be the type that has the sand or w.e it is in it. cleans mine up pretty darn good.

Now my fingernails. meh w.e. If we are going somewhere fancy to meet relatives etc il sit there with a dental pick and scrubbrush till they are clean.

edit. pettyfog...I lol'd.

xgiovannix12 03-14-2012 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by pettyfog (Post 505377)
Wife doesnt, esp after working on her car.

Girlfriend does...
Bwhahahahahahahaa! Made you do a double-take

LOL

any ways i never took a picture of my hands after working on something but i gotta admit Im glad i dont have any 1 complaining =P

any ways i was gonna say whats up with the wedding band chris but then i read the last post lol

also im the same way warthog I cant wear em .....
I only use gloves when playing with the atv in the snow or bringing wood inside the house or feeding the animals in the winter

war00 03-14-2012 06:14 PM

yea my wife complained for the first few years but not soo much about my hands them selves but the marks on the walls, doors, sink, toilet, im sure you get the point but than she got use to it and only complains now when i leave tools laying around the house.

swartlkk 03-14-2012 06:18 PM

No complaints from the wife, but I sure complain. Especially during the winter when my skin would crack so bad it would bleed... Cracks on the finger tips are especially painful!

The right rubber glove is worth it's weight in gold! I used to get cracks in my finger tips, knuckles, and on the sides of my fingers from oils/solvents/etc. Picked up a pack of Diamond Grip rubber gloves after we started using them to serve our fish dinners at the fire hall a few years back and have been using them ever since. They're cheap & rather robust. Best part, clean hands when I'm done. Still have to wash my arms/face/etc, but my hands are clean!

For sheetmetal/welding work, I use Honeywell Cut-Resistant gloves when I don't have my welding gloves on.

If you really want to get a rise out of your wife or significant other, leave a lug nut or two in your pockets and see how she reacts when they make their way to the drier!

war00 03-14-2012 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 505396)
No complaints from the wife, but I sure complain. Especially during the winter when my skin would crack so bad it would bleed... Cracks on the finger tips are especially painful!

The right rubber glove is worth it's weight in gold! I used to get cracks in my finger tips, knuckles, and on the sides of my fingers from oils/solvents/etc. Picked up a pack of Diamond Grip rubber gloves after we started using them to serve our fish dinners at the fire hall a few years back and have been using them ever since. They're cheap & rather robust. Best part, clean hands when I'm done. Still have to wash my arms/face/etc, but my hands are clean!

For sheetmetal/welding work, I use Honeywell Cut-Resistant gloves when I don't have my welding gloves on.

If you really want to get a rise out of your wife or significant other, leave a lug nut or two in your pockets and see how she reacts when they make their way to the drier!

bahahahahaha yea i left a stubby wrench and impact socket in my work cloths once that ended up in the drier......talk about being mad when the /washer drier wasnt even a couple weeks old.

ohsofly 03-14-2012 07:35 PM

I used to have the gross hands when i was in the trade... Then i found doctors gloves. They do tear easier, bit worth it.

I used to use this lotion calles "second skin" and it makes washing up alot easier and cleaner.

It wasnt till i left the trade that i got my "lovin hands" back. I found its the cleaner itself that makes my hands cracked and dry.

Now, when i work on my truck i washup with hair shampoo and a handful of sugar for the grit. Soft as my baboes bums after and no dryness. also cheaper than cleaner.

In answer to your question... No, she doesnt like filthy hamds, and i dont blame her cause i wouldnt want those hands allover my va-jay-jay either.

Edit - sorry for the fat-finger-smartphone speak

chris015 03-14-2012 07:39 PM

LOL.

Sugar eh?

Hmmmmm. imma give that a try.