Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Drl

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 05:24 AM
Moy210tx is on a distinguished road
Default Drl

How do I disable drl 99 Chevrolet blazer

Old 12-22-2017, 06:43 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

I cut the 86 pin off my drl relay in the Underhood fuse box to disable my drls

You also have auto headlights, if you want to disable them as well, unplug the sensor in your rt speaker grille and wire a 2.2k ohm resistor from one side of the plug to the other. That will give you full controkl over your headlights with the switch

Old 12-22-2017, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by chevyriders
I cut the 86 pin off my drl relay in the Underhood fuse box to disable my drls

You also have auto headlights, if you want to disable them as well, unplug the sensor in your rt speaker grille and wire a 2.2k ohm resistor from one side of the plug to the other. That will give you full controkl over your headlights with the switch

Thanks i will try that, do I have to disable auto lights? I want to install hids is the whole reason behind this smh

Old 12-22-2017, 06:49 AM

I don't believe you would have to disable auto lights for that, I just added that in there because 99% of the time when someone asks about disabling the drls, it gets followed up with the auto lights question lol.

Just pull the relay, and look on the bottom for the pin labeled 86. Clip it with a pair of dykes and you should be good to go

Old 12-22-2017, 06:51 AM

I don't believe you would have to disable auto lights for that, I just added that in there because 99% of the time when someone asks about disabling the drls, it gets followed up with the auto lights question lol.

Just pull the relay, and look on the bottom for the pin labeled 86. Clip it with a pair of dykes and you should be good to go

lol coo I appreciate it, ima try that in a Bit. I tried the dome button trick and that didn't work. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again

Old 12-22-2017, 07:33 AM

just tried that 86 pin and the drl are still on, any other suggestions?

Old 12-22-2017, 08:06 AM

Ahh, that's worked on both of mine I've done it to..

Here's a copy and paste from s10forum. Maybe this will work for you, although 86 alone has always worked for me.

98 and up DRL

Remove the cover on the fuse box under the hood. Locate the DRL relay. Locate pin 87A and 30 on the relay. DO NOT MODIFY PINS 87A OR 30. Bend or cut the other pins off the relay. ( I recommend bending the pin incase you bend the wrong one, you can always straighten it). Then plug the realy back in and check to make sure the DRLs are off and you still have high beams.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:12 AM

Ahh, that's worked on both of mine I've done it to..

Here's a copy and paste from s10forum. Maybe this will work for you, although 86 alone has always worked for me.

98 and up DRL

Remove the cover on the fuse box under the hood. Locate the DRL relay. Locate pin 87A and 30 on the relay. DO NOT MODIFY PINS 87A OR 30. Bend or cut the other pins off the relay. ( I recommend bending the pin incase you bend the wrong one, you can always straighten it). Then plug the realy back in and check to make sure the DRLs are off and you still have high beams.
nope still have drl and high beams

Old 12-22-2017, 08:55 AM

That's strange. Are you sure it's not your auto lights that are on still?

Old 12-22-2017, 09:05 AM

That's strange. Are you sure it's not your auto lights that are on still?

This is going to sound stupid but how do I know the difference?

Quick Reply: Drl