Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Dropping by to say hello

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 12:45 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough
Default Dropping by to say hello

Hello everyone! I haven't been reading or posting here for several months. My music career has gotten much busier in the last couple years and I don't have nearly as much time to work on car stuff as I used to. Between teaching private lessons, performing, recording, and doing a lot more gigs as an orchestra leader, I just don't have as much time for shop projects as I used to.

I've still got the wife's 2000 Blazer on the road. In February I replaced the rear wiper motor so we could take a trip over the mountains for her sister's wedding. That truck just keeps on rolling at over 238,000 miles. I'm driving it right now as my '97 LeSabre is currently in the shop. I got rid of my '98 Jimmy. I slapped a new fender and bumper on it and gave it to a buddy of mine who was down on his luck. He's doing much better and still running the Jimmy with over 220,000 miles on it. I've also still got my '93 Jimmy. I'm doing some work on that right now (I just posted a thread to the Engine/Transmission section about that). I'm hoping to get that truck running well enough that I can take it up in the mountains this summer.

I miss you guys a lot. I always appreciate the technical information from the other great Blazer owners on here. Late last summer my wife got a new cat and named her Ruby. I call the cat Roober after one of our members here on the Blazer Forum.

Take care everyone and have fun with your trucks!

Old 04-06-2016, 08:36 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Glad to hear things are going well for you.

I got rid of the 93 Jimmy and picked up an 04 trailblazer. Went from a rust bucket with 210,000 miles to a spotless 04 with 93,000 miles.

Take care!

Old 04-07-2016, 01:49 AM

Rich,

That sounds like quite the upgrade. I've looked at the Envoy/TrailBlazer and considered getting one but I've differentiated my fleet to the point that I don't necessarily need two SUVs (I have a '95 Suburban for hauling equipment to major gigs) and the LeSabre gets better mileage than the Blazer for running back and forth to Seattle for gigs. It's got just over 200,000 miles on it now so I'm considering looking for a replacement for it. There's a 2000 Bonneville SSei about five miles from my house that I'm considering buying to replace the Buick. It's in nice shape but the mileage is a little higher than I would like. I have to put a little more thought into that decision before I decide to pull the trigger. Hopefully this spring I'll finish fixing up my '93 Jimmy so I can take it up in the mountains again.

Enjoy that TrailBlazer!

Old 04-12-2016, 01:59 AM

I bought the 2000 Bonneville SSEi this evening. It's seriously fast and seriously fun.