Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

drummer from hell

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 08:26 PM
Beginning Member
plcrides is on a distinguished road
Default drummer from hell

everybody loves songs with some nice drum beats from time to time.youtube came out in 2005 the first video uploaded was april 23 2005
i joined dec.25th 2005 i used it to show my friends video's of my pets and stuff,back then there wasnt nothing on it,me and this girl that lived really far away we chatted alot on it,now days you can find a video for everything,need to know how to change a battery in a flash light look on youtube.

i go there alot and keep hitting the youtube icon for different video's to pop up,the other night one showed up and i was blown away,you will be too
this girl 13 yrs old at the time she's now 14 is a song writer,musician and drummer from hell,the video i first watched was van halens hot for teacher it has a nasty double drum kick in it and she nails it,she also does led zepplin,foghat,pantera,im sure you can find something you will appreciate
shes now 14 in high school,already moved to nashville,already in the recording studio making money and one hell of a future,not a snobby kid
she's very likable her name is Mia Morris if you want to get blown away check her out.she is definitely going to be a big hit,hell she already is in my book.
check out van halen,foghat,zepplin,pantera whichever i like van halen with the double drum kick the entire song haha wow.
MIA MORRIS on youtube.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:20 PM
Beginning Member

come on,no ooh's or cool or awesome ? nothing haha no blazer no good huh ok ok just thought it was pretty cool.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:02 AM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting! It is so cool to see the teenagers devoted to their passions whatever it is. Imagine what she is going to achieve in another ten years or so! Also, a great respect to the efforts and all the work she already put into. Talent is one thing, but it always involve a hard work.
As for the posted videos - they both are performed technically correct. However, in my opinion, the first one follows a repeatable scheme, while on 2nd the scheme changes more often, which is less boring to a listener like me

Old 02-23-2019, 09:44 PM
Beginning Member

yep she's amazing,theres other video's if your not into classic rock,i like alot of different types of music,but not rap.hell im listening to internet radio right now from london its electronica,just cool beats and no words,she does pantera and some other groups,i just posted the van halen because i think if she can pull that off she can do any song,and if not now haha she will pretty soon,i like the way she twirls the drum sticks thats so cool.very likable girl.and i wish her the best.

Old 02-24-2019, 04:02 AM

Van Halen is a classic! I am far from categorizing music styles as "good and bad" too. From my perspective, there are a masterpieces, a good compositions and a really simple songs. Quite often You may be surprised how such a simple song may be so catchy! Moreover, a simple song could be detailed that perfect way, so You cannot copy (my favorites here are BB King or Alan Jackson).
I've browsed several of Mia's videos posted there on YT. She made a HUGE progress since she was 12yo. That not only involves the professional teacher, but hard work and sacrifice. And here are my highest respects. I am crossing fingers she's not gonna burn out too soon.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:04 AM
Beginning Member

that was nice of you to say Mike,yea my fingers are crossed too,we used to cruise around back in the day jamming van halen and then we went to see them in concert in 1984,yep i was there dude.i got to see all the good ones,ac-dc,motley crue shout at the devil tour with ozzy was my favorite,i saw ozzy again with metallica.the cure,and lots more.and for small bands the butthole surfers i saw them 5 times,and a really great show to see was gwar,i saw them 3 times wow what a show they put on.theres a video where gwar does carry on my wayward son by kansas and nails it,its really cool.
edit,i forgot to put my favorite cd by allan jackson is called under the influence where he does a bunch of older songs and i like his gospel cd's too.
i saw david allen coe and i have one of his real shirts i guy i knew that played back up guitar gave it to me,it belonged to david,i saw gary stewart 3 months before he took his own life,i love listening to him.the king of honky tonk haha.

Last edited by plcrides; 02-24-2019 at 06:16 AM.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by plcrides
that was nice of you to say Mike,yea my fingers are crossed too,we used to cruise around back in the day jamming van halen and then we went to see them in concert in 1984,yep i was there dude.i got to see all the good ones,ac-dc,motley crue shout at the devil tour with ozzy was my favorite,i saw ozzy again with metallica.the cure,and lots more.and for small bands the butthole surfers i saw them 5 times,and a really great show to see was gwar,i saw them 3 times wow what a show they put on.theres a video where gwar does carry on my wayward son by kansas and nails it,its really cool.
edit,i forgot to put my favorite cd by allan jackson is called under the influence where he does a bunch of older songs and i like his gospel cd's too.
i saw david allen coe and i have one of his real shirts i guy i knew that played back up guitar gave it to me,it belonged to david,i saw gary stewart 3 months before he took his own life,i love listening to him.the king of honky tonk haha.
Jamming Van Halen in what sense? I am asking, as "jamming to a music" means to me playing an instrument to an audio track. So, do You play?
Yeah, Ozzy is another example of simple things that are catchy A good example here is the "Crazy Train" riff. Personally I am more into riffs than chords and stuff. Quite often I like to play riffs from the repertoire of Dave Mustaine, Jon Schaffer or Hans Zimmer. Or anything catchy, I can't get out of my head in the very moment. Eventually, if You start digging into a different subjects of music styles it gives plenty of a totally different opportunities to follow. And You can't master them all. Therefore every musician player is different and any comparisons hardly makes sense. A cherry on top, there are styles that don't use bass & treble clefs at all. Like Altay music, or gregorian chants. Discovering these notations gives You that amazing feelings comparable understanding a mythical, egyptian hieroglyphs.
First time I've seen Alan Jackson clip was this video with Blazer:
...and i liked it. He is building that spirit around countryside I am keen on.

Old 02-24-2019, 10:14 PM
Beginning Member

no haha i said we used to cruise around jamming van halen in cars,on the car stereo cranked up,no i have zero talents when it comes to playing instruments
oh i love hans zimmer i really liked his music in the movie the ring,it was very spooky sounding i like dark sounding stuff like that as well.im not a audiophile because well you know the meaning of that,they prefer the equipment over the music but im close to that,i really go all out on my car audio systems im running fully active in my car and truck and i just bought a ton of gear to redo my car this summer im going stage four active,which will mean i will have tweeters,a set of 3 inch wide bands that i will build with fiberglass on my A pillars then build huge pods or enclosures for a 8 inch mid bass in my doors.i already have a set of 8 inch mid bass in my truck and its amazing,and then i have subs in both.this is one of the reasons i want a blazer so i can put both of my subs in it,they are
sundown audio X12's and they weigh 60 lbs each,thats one in my avatar,i could only use one in my car because of the weight.but i have two.and lots more stuff.sorry i didnt mean to confuse or mislead haha just rambling on you know.have a great week man.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:15 AM

Definitely You should make a photo story of Your mod! I've been thinking of spending some time on the audio system of my Blazer. Some of the tweeters come and gone while playing, somewhere the membrane is hitting plastic if You turn up volume, and so on. Maybe it would trigger me to carry on!

LOL, I can distinguish "audiophiles" and audiophiles. My brother in law loves experimenting with audio systems. He spend months working on a set of pillars, then another months on tunning the audio crossovers. And they finally match not only the signal band, but also the phase shifting and the room they are placed. Some time ago he shown me a small pillar columns, about 10-15" tall, and they blew my mind. He said he read somewhere on suppressing the harmful vibration of a helicopter blades by using a silicate compounds. So he decided to use the same compound as a pillar material additive.

As for me, I am coming much to a source. I have the instruments live Well, maybe except a guitar amplifier, whenever I want to come out loud

Old 02-25-2019, 07:04 AM
Beginning Member

i definitely will do a build log if i can find the blazer i want,so far no luck.i have build log photo's of my truck on my cell phone but i havent downloaded them onto my computer,i have a mac and i think i need to download something first so i can then plug my cell phone into my computer,im so far behind on this its not even funny.ive never even downloaded a app before can you believe that haha i guess im old school.