Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Early Birthday Present!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Early Birthday Present!

Tonight at supper Kaleb (my oldest son - 6 years old) was telling me how they picked out birthday cards for me while they were out running errands today. "I picked out one to give you and Gavin picked out one too. Mommy didn't pick one out, but I'm sure she has one. And we have the camera, but we haven't wrapp... Oh man... (hands on his head) I shouldn't have said that.." He started to pout and my wife just glared at him. She then decides to just give me my present to make him feel better.

Panasonic Lumix TS3 12mp camera that is waterproof to 40ft with full 1080p video capability, GPS, etc. Exactly what I was missing on our trip to Grand Cayman a few years ago and what I was hoping to purchase before our trip to Cali in February.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:29 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

sweet camera...kids say the best things sometimes.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:34 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

happy almost birthday

Nice early gift you got there

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 10-29-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:16 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Haha, kids eh? That's good.

Nice camera, you'll have to write up a little report on how it works!

Old 10-30-2011, 12:46 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Aww.. poor kid!

get some pix of moving snow.!

Old 10-30-2011, 10:31 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Happy Birthday Kyle!!

Old 10-30-2011, 11:46 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

happy birthday !

Old 10-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

YAY lol. Don't ya love when kids ruin surprises and you get presents early?? LMAO.

Happy B-Day

Old 10-30-2011, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Lol they're funny!
Panasonic IMO has made great products for years. I'm sure you'll love that camera.
Kyle!

Old 10-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone!

I haven't had a chance to play with the camera too much yet, but I'll be sure to let you all know how it works! This camera was the one with the best reviews on a number of camera sites. My wife did her homework with it and showed me all of the reviews she based her choice on!

They even bought me a floatation strap for it. I never wanted to bring any of my other cameras with us on canoe trips or anything water related. Now I have it!

I also stopped off at Bass Pro & Sears today. Picked up some Remington CopperSolid 3" 12ga slugs for dear season & am going to give Hornady SST slugs a try as well. The Remington slugs are good to ~100 yards in my experience and have a muzzle velocity of 1550fps, but the Hornady slugs show dead on at 150 yards with a muzzle velocity of 2000fps, but over 2" high at 50 & 100 yards. The Hornady slugs are cheaper too so I figured I'd give them a try.

At Sears I bought a Craftsman right angle impact driver and the compact multi-tool. Both will be very handy when I take apart the interior of my camper this winter to customize/refurbish the interior.

Quick Reply: Early Birthday Present!