Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

ebay buyer protection, need advice

Old 09-25-2014, 09:39 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road
Default ebay buyer protection, need advice

i bought a jersey for my girl and here's the description that was listed by the seller

Used jersey. Looks brand new. Bought new, but was never worn as it has been hanging in my closet the whole time. Basically new, but there are no tags on it so I am listing it as "used." Great condition overall. Boys XL. Would be a great gift for the night John LeClair gets inducted into the Philadelphia Flyers hall of fame with other greats, such as Eric Lindros this November 20, 2014. John LeClair is a St. Albans, Vermont native. Any other questions don't hesitate to message me here! Good Luck and enjoy! :-)

i got the jersey, and found multiple stains it, and theyre clearly visible. looking back at the listing, the picture dont show it and it appears he tried hiding it, and its obvious he did.

i called ebay and asked if I had a valid case, he said by what i told him, I did but i had to open a case. so I did, finally got the seller to respond, he said no returns its not his fault and he didn't see them. knowing ebay can see the messages, i didnt go off lol.

has anyone ever had to deal with something like this where they have an open case? if so any tips? I have to wait til oct 1st to contact ebay to have them review it (gives the seller 3 days to "resolve" the issue)

Old 09-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Starting Member
tenorsaxdude is on a distinguished road

I have and sometimes it feels like they can be against the buyer if the seller responds.

Take pictures, present them to the Seller (so ebay can see). Its best if you have the box it shipped in with the pictures

Now if it looks like transit damage that's something you'll have to take up with USPS (or whoever was the carrier)

Old 09-26-2014, 07:21 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Ebay is a buyers market. Its much easier for the buyers to file a claim and win against the sellers than if the seller were to open a claim against a buyer.

Old 09-26-2014, 04:58 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

usually with ebay. buyer always wins. take pics of the stains etc. paypals strict as **** on its security nowadays. i sold on ebay for 6 years then got banned because if people are happy with the item,they dont bother in feedback. if they are unhappy they leave a negative without contacting you and it screws you over. (ratio is important)

Old 09-26-2014, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by tenorsaxdude
I have and sometimes it feels like they can be against the buyer if the seller responds.

Take pictures, present them to the Seller (so ebay can see). Its best if you have the box it shipped in with the pictures

Now if it looks like transit damage that's something you'll have to take up with USPS (or whoever was the carrier)
I called ebay when the seller refused to accept the return, he was reading though the messages, and I asked him if he saw the pictures I posted in the messages to the seller showing all stains. He told me they at their end (ebay) can't view the pictures or any through messages. which i believe is stupid.

the sellers trying to say it could be transit damage, (its not) so i told him to file a claim with them

Old 09-26-2014, 06:26 PM

and the worst part is i left feed back before properly inspecting the jersey (doh!) I learned a lesson on that. i also read it is the seller's responsibility to list and "defects or flaws" in the description when placing the item as used. got that straight out of ebay's seller's handbook and when i sold 3 jerseys I thoroughly inspected and listed any stains.

knowing ebay can see, I making sure i post all of the seller's responsibilities this guy seemed to miss.

in his most recent message, he said i have no evidence and im making assumptions. sounds a little defensive to me. i told him your folding over of the sleeve and lack of description is my evidence. never had this type of problem with ebay or any buyer

Old 09-26-2014, 07:05 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

if you paid with paypal , lodge refund there
not good however that you already left feedback

Old 09-26-2014, 07:07 PM

BTW you could try treating the stains with Castrol Superclean before washing
That stuff works awesome IMO

Old 09-26-2014, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by rexazz2
if you paid with paypal , lodge refund there
not good however that you already left feedback
yea i wish i could take the feedback back, will learn from it. how would i go bout doing the refund via paypal?

Old 09-27-2014, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by er0ck273
yea i wish i could take the feedback back, will learn from it. how would i go bout doing the refund via paypal?
just go to paypal site and login
there will be a tab to file a claim
Its not instant but it gets the sellers attention

I ordered a hoddy from Azzmonkeys , they didnt ship and wouldnt respond to emails
I finally lodged a paypal claim and that got their attention
From what I have heard , paypal can freeze their account funds
If the sell a lot of stuff , they dont want it froze

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ebay buyer protection, need advice