Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

ebay buyer protection, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 12:48 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexazz2
just go to paypal site and login
there will be a tab to file a claim
Its not instant but it gets the sellers attention

I ordered a hoddy from Azzmonkeys , they didnt ship and wouldnt respond to emails
I finally lodged a paypal claim and that got their attention
From what I have heard , paypal can freeze their account funds
If the sell a lot of stuff , they dont want it froze
if ebay sides with the seller, (i have to wait til oct 1st then they usually take 48 hours after that to decide if the purchase is covered under the buyer protection) I will take that route. if i do that now im afraid theyll see me as not giving the seller a chance, although i know he wont make it right anyway,

at first he said he didnt see any stains when listing it, and he now changed his story to it couldve been my fault or usps' fault the stain was there. so im hoping if the ebay agents have half a brain they can see hes full of crap like I can see. he also asked me if I tried removing the stain and i simply said after noticing it, it went right back in the bag its shipped at and itll stay there until this is resolved.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:58 PM

found a way to post pictures so the seller and ebays customer support (who reviews the case) can see it. i also included a screen shot of ebay's seller responsibility on descriptions. the way this sounds I shouldnt have a problem with it

Attached Thumbnails ebay buyer protection, need advice-ebay-seller-responsibility-description.png  
Old 10-01-2014, 03:07 PM

since today was 3 business days, i woke up early and submitted the case to ebay customer care. 2 hours later they made their decision. They ruled in my favor! and I have already received the refund. I tried calling and got no answer, they never told me what to do with the item, am I supposed to keep it or return it? they closed the case

Old 10-01-2014, 03:54 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

I would return to the seller
No B.S that you didnt want to pay for item

Old 10-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Starting Member
RJ2004 is on a distinguished road

You get to keep the item, period. Ebay/paypal do this to discourage bad sellers.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:26 PM

for future reference
popular sellers hate negative feedback

I have bought a decent amount of stuff off ebay
I have had 2 negative experiences

One seller never shipped and disappeared without a trace , It was something the wife ordered from a seller I would never have bought from because they only had like 10 sales in their history
I think it was less than $20 for a DVD so not the end of the world

The other sent a Nascar watch that was crappy finish and looked anything but new . She fully refunded me but was pissed because I left her a "neutral feedback"

Old 10-01-2014, 08:51 PM

I would return to the seller
No B.S that you didnt want to pay for item
see, if i return it, then i pay for return shipping. I was only charged 4.00 for shipping, and got that back also, but theres no method in any of the major transporters that would charge that cheap. that way id lose money on the crap item lol. I was considering washing it and just donating it to a local charity (salvation army, purple heart, etc.) Figured I could do something good with it

yea I learned no more feedback until I FULLY inspect the item. I'm hoping my feedback gets deleted since the transaction was closed, dont wanna give someone like that anything positive.

Last edited by er0ck273; 10-01-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:06 PM

I guess its your choice , just my opinion

I expect your in the US
I thought you guys had the cheap US postal cram it in a box rates

Old 10-02-2014, 06:35 PM

I guess its your choice , just my opinion

I expect your in the US
I thought you guys had the cheap US postal cram it in a box rates
after waiting 45 minutes on hold ..i got to talk to ebay. they told me consider it an early xmas present from ebay, i get to keep the item and am free to do whatever i want with it. apparently the jerk seller got to keep the money i gave him and ebay was the one who gave me the refund. they said it wouldve cost more to open a case then it would be to just give me the $24.14 back.

I asked if i could relist it, he encouraged it. I might as well and if it doesnt sell ill wash and donate it.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:57 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

like I said, if you are a buyer ebay loves you!

Quick Reply: ebay buyer protection, need advice