The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

To everyone who wants a good laugh, COME IN HERE LOL

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 03:12 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Wow lol. People think everything comes with a "warranty" these days. In all my years of being alive (which is a good little bit) I've never seen anyone give out a warranty on a "for sale by owner" car. I mean the dealership, yes, but a for sale by owner warranty? Haha, they are crazy. Sounds like a pity party to me. They want the $700 back to fix the axle is what it is. It's like a panhandler man. They pray on people feeling sorry for them. Pathetic...

Old 04-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
Wow lol. People think everything comes with a "warranty" these days. In all my years of being alive (which is a good little bit) I've never seen anyone give out a warranty on a "for sale by owner" car. I mean the dealership, yes, but a for sale by owner warranty? Haha, they are crazy. Sounds like a pity party to me. They want the $700 back to fix the axle is what it is. It's like a panhandler man. They pray on people feeling sorry for them. Pathetic...

Exactly.

The guy was talking to my mom about the car and stuff while I was getting everything ready for him, and bringing out the radio face plate (i was nice enough to give him a pioneer radio with the car which i didnt want to do) he says "i got a garage, ill throw the axle up on there tonight if i can get them tonight." Well too late now buddy. Don't expect a refund because you do not know how to drive.

I don't have a job and I have to pay off school loans, I don't get why people think everything has a warranty, I would be short a car AND money, and wouldn't be able to sell the car for more than 100$.

I know where he works, so I am going to take a drive up there one day to see if the car is sitting in the parking lot.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:37 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by 99Legendary
Exactly.

The guy was talking to my mom about the car and stuff while I was getting everything ready for him, and bringing out the radio face plate (i was nice enough to give him a pioneer radio with the car which i didnt want to do) he says "i got a garage, ill throw the axle up on there tonight if i can get them tonight." Well too late now buddy. Don't expect a refund because you do not know how to drive.

I don't have a job and I have to pay off school loans, I don't get why people think everything has a warranty, I would be short a car AND money, and wouldn't be able to sell the car for more than 100$.

I know where he works, so I am going to take a drive up there one day to see if the car is sitting in the parking lot.
Yeah, I'd definitely like to know when you roll over to his work to see if the car is sitting there.

And I hear ya on the school loans. I've got another semester to go before I'm out. Hopefully I can get the loans payed off in a few years.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by tibby
Yeah, I'd definitely like to know when you roll over to his work to see if the car is sitting there.

And I hear ya on the school loans. I've got another semester to go before I'm out. Hopefully I can get the loans payed off in a few years.

And at the same time, I am trying to shell out money for a body lift, and trying my best to fix all the damn rattles in the blazer, so selling my acura was a godsend.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

After working in the fast food service for a number of years, I've lost all hope for humanity. Things like this don't help my point of view.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Thogert
After working in the fast food service for a number of years, I've lost all hope for humanity. Things like this don't help my point of view.

Thogert, I KNOW what you are saying. I worked at a gas station for over a year, and I have met every kind of person there is...

I've lost hope for humanity since I was like 8, she needs to get a grip.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:50 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

This guy is 30? I could see it if he's 18.. or even 21.
I quit covering for my kids and their cars long before thirty. My old man quit covering for me at 20 and only that long cause I was in Navy.

That said.. I had that happen to me twice. Sold my 59 Impala convertible with a twisted frame.. as-is warning to get Alignment included in the receipt. To get money for my 57 Belair.
Kid wrecked within week. Only hearsay.. daddy didnt come back on me.

Then my 65 mustang to kid who was gonna do a full swap-out of suspension and all from his 76 Grenada 351. I warned him to do the suspension before he drove it.. but no, he did the engine first.
Totaled it second day it was running.
Both were fully driveable.. just a little quirky due to susp out of limits and wear.

Last edited by pettyfog; 04-28-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would believe that everyone has a story that challenges their faith in humanity....that's because there are stupid people everywhere!!! I feel like those spoof shirts from the 6th sense "I see stupid people".....sorry little rant there....

However, if they were telling the truth(even though it sounds like a scam), he was still too much of an idiot to help. One does not simply get a new car (new to the driver) and push it to the limits. If it's new to you, how do you know how it will act 25MPH faster in a turn than the posted signs say (if there were any).

Old 04-28-2012, 01:55 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thor_449
I would believe that everyone has a story that challenges their faith in humanity....that's because there are stupid people everywhere!!! I feel like those spoof shirts from the 6th sense "I see stupid people".....sorry little rant there....

However, if they were telling the truth(even though it sounds like a scam), he was still too much of an idiot to help. One does not simply get a new car (new to the driver) and push it to the limits. If it's new to you, how do you know how it will act 25MPH faster in a turn than the posted signs say (if there were any).
There's some people who develop good 'seat of the pants' feel and some who never do. I got in Bro-in-law's new 99 vette first time and drifted it around a 90 on a twisty.. it was only at about 45 mph but he just looked me and cussed. Then later he said the weird thing is he did feel like I was in control of it.
I pointed at my SVO and said..your vette is just like that, only better with mo' power.
{for you that never realized it, more power, more control you have available}
Not that I would still try to do that but I've always been able to tell when things were coming loose, so to speak.
OTOH... I've also driven my brother's 79 vette several times and would never exceed limits of normal sedan. It's that 'loose'.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

To be honest, I havent pushed my Blazer to the limits. And Ive had it for a few months(even tho it seems like forever). If I bought a car from someone and they told me it needed to be fixed, that would be the first thing I would do. BUT, if I bought that vehicle and they said there was nothing wrong with it and I later find out that there was, Id be pissed off. Like my blazer. lol. Just saying

Quick Reply: To everyone who wants a good laugh, COME IN HERE LOL