The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

FE Exam.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

BS course work was ok and I did well at it. My last semester I was taking mainly electives and I choose to take 3 graduate level courses. They were the reason I ended up going to graduate school. Those classes had so much practical application that they were fun and, for me at least, easy as hell.

There are still things that I see today that I actually remember the equations behind them. My last business trip I was drawing on the window of the plane with a dry erase marker determining our wind speed by the angle of the trailing edge vortexes coming off the wing tip. Some of the applied advanced mathematics courses at RIT were enlightening as well. Celestial interaction or the equations behind how a spinning top stays upright! That's some neat stuff. I also got into composite material design at RIT as an elective. That was a really fun class as well. All of that was over 7 years ago now and I still remember some of the lectures. Just goes to credit the professors.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I have a lot of the equations recently learned in my mind... but the thing that blows my mind the most is a pressure washer....

The idea that the pressure DROP at the nozzle causes the velocity of the water to increase for the power is amazing, technically it has 0gage pressure because it goes to atmospheric pressure kills me that a pressure washer has no pressure when washing, but is based solely on the pressure drop....

If you use facebook... Look me up, because I feel next semester is gonna be kinda tough... 3 graduate level courses and a senior design project.... and with someone to reference... would be nice

Old 10-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a mech-e?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:28 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Are you a mech-e?
For my freshman and first half of sophomore years... I am now a Civil Engineering student.... I am still debating if I should trade Pollution modeling for thermo..... lol.... Its all relative....

Mechs seem to work more with finite systems and CE's worry more about bigger pictures and we tend to focus more on overall rather than details... it makes sense when I use verbal language, but in type it sounds like blowing off the harder classes... but meh....

Old 10-30-2010, 09:15 PM
BF Veteran

KYLE!!!!!!! WOW.... So the first portion was 4 hours, second portion 4 hours.... portion after = HEADACHE..........

I feel semi confident, and would love to discuss the problems, but we signed about 5 papers saying we would not discuss the problems, but I feel really confident... and hopefully when the results are posted... I PASS!!!!!

But now its back to the grind of classes..... Designing a roof for a concrete building, finishing up steel design problems, and writing up a cut/fill paper for surveying.....

Back to the grind.....