Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Finally got around to updating my garage...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:04 AM
95BlazenLT is on a distinguished road
Default Finally got around to updating my garage...

I finally got around to entering my vehicles into the garage section and posted some albums... Feel free to check em' out and post your opinions... Thanks for looking...
Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums - View Profile: 95BlazenLT

Here's a teaser...

Attached Thumbnails Finally got around to updating my garage...-p7060642.jpg   Finally got around to updating my garage...-p8250060.jpg  

Last edited by 95BlazenLT; 09-06-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:21 PM
GP1
GP1 is on a distinguished road

The Camero is nice man.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by GP1
The Camero is nice man.
Thanks GP1... A fair amount of work went into it and there is still plenty to do... I hope to have the Blazer modded up in the next several weeks... At least have the suspension mods done before winter sets in...

Old 09-06-2012, 10:10 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Nice Camaro man. Darker color, low to the ground, nice wheels.. I got a 2000 blazer outside I'll trade you even for
I'll even fill up the tank for ya

Old 09-07-2012, 06:59 AM

[/QUOTE]I'll even fill up the tank for ya [/QUOTE]

A full tank of gas!!! Awfully tempting...
Thanks FstFwRd... The Camaro has been a real joy to own and I try to make the most of it buy running it at the track (when track time is available) and doing car shows with my car club and cruising Woodward here in Southeast Michigan...
I'm hoping to be able to do similar things with the Blazer after proper modifications are made... (Getting a group together for wheelin trips/road trips, trail rides and maybe forming a local Blazer/JImmy/Bravada club if there is any interest)
Thanks again for the compliments on the Camaro... I hope everyone is enjoying the pics...

Old 09-07-2012, 07:13 AM

Yeah no doubt, I keep telling myself that I'm going to lift my blazer up a little. Install a locker rear end, different wheels/tires. But these college loans are doing me in. Hopefully one day I'll get that dream job and be able to spice the ole "paid for" blazer up.
So you run that Camaro on the race track? I gotta know, whats the fastest you've got it to?

Old 09-07-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by FsTFwRd
Yeah no doubt, I keep telling myself that I'm going to lift my blazer up a little. Install a locker rear end, different wheels/tires. But these college loans are doing me in. Hopefully one day I'll get that dream job and be able to spice the ole "paid for" blazer up.
So you run that Camaro on the race track? I gotta know, whats the fastest you've got it to?
Just save the money you would normally spend on "other wasteful things" and it will add up with time... Most people are shocked at the stupid stuff they waste their money on...

As for running the Camaro at the track... I did several laps at M.I.S. at an all Camaro event but they track management only let us run at 75-80 mph. It was still cool to run on a NASCAR track even if it was at slower speeds.
I also ran the Camaro a couple of times at a local road course track near my house on an open track day and was able to exceed 125-130 mph on the small "back straightaway" before I had to jump on the brakes to hold my line in the corner... Talk about a fun time... I was told when I was done with my laps that those speeds on that short of a straightaway was wandering into "unsafe" territory and that most of the cars that run that course can't get up to speed that quickly to see 110+ speeds... I took that as a compliment... So now when I run that course I restrain myself a little, after all it's not like I'm actually racing or anything... So no big deal...

Old 09-11-2012, 02:29 PM

I know what you mean, No need to over do it in any case and risk totaling her out. How does it do on curves and such?

Old 09-11-2012, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by FsTFwRd
I know what you mean, No need to over do it in any case and risk totaling her out. How does it do on curves and such?
When I first got the Camaro (stock form) it had some body roll in the turns... But after I installed some dropsprings, some competition grade sway bars, adjustable endlinks and a proper alignment it has no body roll and very little understeer/oversteer... So the Camaro does much better in the turns... Better than some of the other guys in the Club that are at stock ride height and stock sway bar set-ups... I've had Camaro's before (3rd gen, 4th gen... modded) and the 5th gen Camaro is leaps and bounds better in all regards... Don't get me wrong I still love me some older Camaro...

Old 09-12-2012, 11:14 AM

That's cool man, one of these days I'll get me a Camaro. I doubt I'd get a new one. I really like the Iroc style. Like this one:
Unfortunately a 4 wheeler or dirt bike will come next as I love to trail ride. Then I want about an 03 Z-71. but for now its save save save!