Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

fishing pictures

Old 09-06-2010, 01:27 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough
Default fishing pictures

just some pics from saturday night and sunday morning on the tippaconoe river, right by indiana beach

its funny i tried big minnows out in the middle of the river for hours, with nothing, then night crawler which is what caught the two small fish. but all the cats were caught off of bread or corn off the poles that were trying for carp. ive tried every bait and trick i can think of in a few places. and that cat above is the biggest i ever caught. i usually end up with big bowfin

Old 09-06-2010, 02:01 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

THEM ARE SOME GOOD LOOKIN' FISH YEH GOT THERE!

Old 09-06-2010, 08:57 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

What do you call the one in the top photo? We have those in the river where I live (North Saskatchewan River), but they are not listed on our provincial game fish books, and Ive been told they have migrated from the USA and that we shouldnt eat them... They are the biggest things you will catch in my river, I have had them about 15 pounds. We dont have catfish, but we have lots of suckermouths.

Anyways, the ones we catch here are mostly silver, or kinda yellowy silver, and the belly is very orange - in my river anyways. They jump like mad when you have them on the hook too. Just want to know what they are called, we have coined a name I shouldnt type on here for them.

Seem to only catch them on the bottom with worms. And its seems over the years that you catch these more and more frequently...

Last edited by ohsofly; 09-06-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:25 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road
Old 09-06-2010, 09:34 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ohsofly
What do you call the one in the top photo? We have those in the river where I live (North Saskatchewan River), but they are not listed on our provincial game fish books, and Ive been told they have migrated from the USA and that we shouldnt eat them... They are the biggest things you will catch in my river, I have had them about 15 pounds. We dont have catfish, but we have lots of suckermouths.

Anyways, the ones we catch here are mostly silver, or kinda yellowy silver, and the belly is very orange - in my river anyways. They jump like mad when you have them on the hook too. Just want to know what they are called, we have coined a name I shouldnt type on here for them.

Seem to only catch them on the bottom with worms. And its seems over the years that you catch these more and more frequently...
That would be a carp, considered by many as a trash fish due to way too many bones. Though, some folks do eat them and say they are mighty tasty. I don't know, I just threw them up on the bank whenever I caught one.

Those cats look to be the perfect eating size. Not too big but big enough to get some meat off each one. Looks like you and your lady friend had a pretty good outing.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:39 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I like to catch carp because they are fun to real in and most of them are big. I'm not big on eating fish I usually take a picture and let them go

Old 09-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

NICE!! My last fishing trip I was 17, went ocean fishing off Balboa for Barracuda....THOSE are some mean fish.....my sister got two fish stolen from her while realing them in, but sea lions HAHA.

We were the only ones down in chow eating eggs and bacon at 6 am everyone else was out on the edge bein sick! they cant hang LOL

Caught 10 fish that day, was SO fun.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:31 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

So I guess we have carp in our waters up north now...

They are fun to catch, they jump allover and fight pretty good.

Wanna see a weird fish? We have BURBOT here in lakes and rivers. Ive never caught one myself, but man are they ugly. They are caught mostly in the dead of winter when they do their spawning under the ice. They live in holes like catfish do, and live in colonies, so if you are on the burbot, you will catch alot.

And this is a VERY large one.

Last edited by ohsofly; 09-11-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:34 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I am currently waiting for the waters off Long Island to cool off a bit more waiting for the Strippers and Blues to come back to the surf.