The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Forum dead???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

^ what's that sposed 2 mean eggzaktly

Old 11-19-2010, 06:39 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Yeah im still here. I have just been too busy lately between two jobs(70hrs) and going to school(15hrs). I havent even had time to work on my blazer. Even worse havent been able to post pics to show all the stuff I did last winter on the blazer. I still look at a few threads almost every night but im usually to tired to even try to post something that would make any sense at all. I should be around more now since i just quit my second part time job and winter is coming so i wont be out at the lake or camping much.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:17 PM
JustinP is on a distinguished road

Hey guys. I am a for sure NUBE, well not to the 4.3. I just got my 2000 ls white 2 door. My first car was a blazer, then had a chevy s-10, then 2000 sonoma. Let me just say that I sold it and found a 2 door blazer because this site a few weeks ago. I love the info and hope it all keeps up. Thanks for the new addiction lol. I will be stimulating the economy thanks to this forum.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:23 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Something about other forums I'm on always makes me come crawling back here lol. My GF asked me if I'd quit on the BlazerForum when I got my Sierra... NFW STFU and GTFO is what I said lmfao.

But seriously, it's nice to come to a place where there isn't any drama lol. I've read through S10forum and it's similar to my gmfullsize forum, there's always guys posting just to post and poluting threads with it, then there's the haters who flame anything and everything you do.

I come back here and everyone encourages or expresses their dislike of your mod but instead of saying "That sucks" and leaving it at that they'll say something along the lines of "I'm not a fan of it, but you did a nice job on it. Had it been me I may have done _____ instead, but that's just me "

I doubt this forum will die, it'll slow down but it'll pick up too. One nice thing though is we have an active admin staff.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:18 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by oktain
Something about other forums I'm on always makes me come crawling back here lol. My GF asked me if I'd quit on the BlazerForum when I got my Sierra... NFW STFU and GTFO is what I said lmfao.

I agree that we are in sort of a slow spot right now, but look at last Christmas. We set a new record just last year of people on at one time. I'll pick back up again.

I know I've been busy with work/school/hockey and haven't been posting as much as usual.

Reason this forum won't die: Good admins that make a relaxed forum where there is no drama or fighting.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:30 AM
Starting Member
firemansc32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I just wandered back here after a little break. Seeing that my last post here was June of '08. It is nice to some familiar names still around. Now that winter coming and I moving to a house with a heated garage(finally a nice place to work on the blazer) I plan sticking around awhile.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:47 AM
Starting Member
marksoftball is an unknown quantity at this point

I think a lot of visitors to the forum come to look for answers about
certain situations that they can find in the archives. I found this forum
a couple of years ago. I really like my blazer and I think the reason I
still have it is because of the knowledge I have been able to gain
from coming here. I love automobiles but really can't work on them
to the degree I wish I could. I think many of us shy away from giving answers
only because we don't have the experience of actually doing the work ourselves.
I try to pitch in when I can. I hope this forum never goes away. Without the dedication
to the many who have the knowledge about mechanics and are willing to share it
this place might drop off the web. I can only say thanks for sharing what you know.
I plan to put a lot of miles on the old blazer with the help of this forum.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:16 AM
deadmanet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by marksoftball
I think a lot of visitors to the forum come to look for answers about
certain situations that they can find in the archives. I found this forum
a couple of years ago. I really like my blazer and I think the reason I
still have it is because of the knowledge I have been able to gain
from coming here. I love automobiles but really can't work on them
to the degree I wish I could. I think many of us shy away from giving answers
only because we don't have the experience of actually doing the work ourselves.
I try to pitch in when I can. I hope this forum never goes away. Without the dedication
to the many who have the knowledge about mechanics and are willing to share it
this place might drop off the web. I can only say thanks for sharing what you know.
I plan to put a lot of miles on the old blazer with the help of this forum.

^^^Dittto here. Happened across these forums when I was about to buy my blazer. I did a web search for how hard they are to work on, etc..... Been here ever since. Still can't wait till I can really start getting my hands dirty(clean if talking ) and contribute a bit more. But, alas, my funding is a bit tight, and fortunately the Blazer is still in great shape, so no real repairs to worry about yet.

Last edited by deadmanet; 11-21-2010 at 07:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-21-2010, 09:36 AM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

Heck I haven't been on in two days and I've got 6 pages of unread posts. I'd say that's fairly active.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Beginning Member
supermutt73 is on a distinguished road

I've been a member for a short time and love the way this forum operates. I agree 100%, less drama is one reason I'm here. Quite a while back (15 yrs.) I was the proud owner of an '82 K5. I loved that truck and still regret trading it away. Earlier this year I came upon a pretty good deal for an '88 S10 Blazer. I saw endless potential for this rig. With the help of this forum I've been able to do quite a bit to get it running again. I'm currently trying to put together a photo diary of the process that I will post soon. I hope people on here realize the time and effort you all put into this. I for one can't thank you enough. I'm no master mechanic but in 18 years of keeping the wheels turning I've gained some valuable experience that I'm more than happy to share. If people have had to step away from the forum we all just need to be patient and understand that as much as it pains us to admit there is more to our lives than our rigs. Good Day and Be Well.

Quick Reply: Forum dead???