Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Gas prices gone wild!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 09:03 AM
Toocute350 is on a distinguished road
Angry Gas prices gone wild!!

I always wondered what other people are paying for a gallon of regular unleaded gas.

What`s the price you pay for a gallon of regular unleaded gas?

How much does it cost you to fill up your Blazer?

Old 11-21-2015, 09:33 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

what sucks about gas prices is premium is always so expensive. if regular is 2.00 premium is 2.90, it used to only be 20 cents more. my daily driver runs so much better on premium i just get it every other time filling up.

but yeah to answer your question it was 1.97 a few days ago. no idea on the fill up, im one of those people who never let it go below a quarter tank.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:05 AM
Starting Member
Red Sled is on a distinguished road

1.95 here in IOWA 35 bucks +-

As gas prices go down so does the stock market. AKA my retirement tanks. Bring back 4.00 gas LOL

Old 11-21-2015, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by abig84
what sucks about gas prices is premium is always so expensive. if regular is 2.00 premium is 2.90, it used to only be 20 cents more. my daily driver runs so much better on premium i just get it every other time filling up.

but yeah to answer your question it was 1.97 a few days ago. no idea on the fill up, im one of those people who never let it go below a quarter tank.
With todays gas..It`s best to run most of the gas out of your tank atleast once a month.But if your able to find 100% pure gasoline..Then that`s different.

Originally Posted by Red Sled
As gas prices go down so does the stock market. AKA my retirement tanks. Bring back 4.00 gas LOL
I know it sucks for you.,But it`s about time we pay for gas what it`s really worth.Paying $3.00 and up just for a gallon of gas is just highway robbery.I remember when I first purchased my 81 malibu back in 1991.Gas was like less than a dollar,I had a 18 gallon tank.It would cost me only $20.00 to fill up.A couple of years ago gas was over $3.00 a gallon.It would cost me about$60.00 to fill up.So when your buying gas for 3 times the price?That`s because of the politics in washington.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Here in CNY 93 Octane on November 21, 2014 was $3.559/gallon while on November 19, 2015 it was $2.229/gallon. Go back to October 2014 and it was almost $4/gallon! It's damn cheap right now. I keep records of every fuel fill in all of my vehicles.

There are still a few stations in town that have 93 octane premium $.20 higher than 87 octane.

Originally Posted by Toocute350
With todays gas..It`s best to run most of the gas out of your tank atleast once a month.But if your able to find 100% pure gasoline..Then that`s different.
LMAO! This should be good... And why would you need to drain the tank once a month?

Old 11-21-2015, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by abig84

I`m with you on this one.When I had my 81 malibu 350 5.7 liter it would only run on premium.The gas prices where killing me.There`s a gook gas station that sells 100% pure gasoline.Todaythe premium cost $2.30 a gallon.That`s worth the extra 30 cents.But 5yrs. ago the same station, premuim was over $4.00 a gallon.People claim the politics in washington have no say so what we pay for gasoline.I just tell them"You have no clue what`s going on in the real world!"

Old 11-21-2015, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Here in CNY 93 Octane on November 21, 2014 was $3.559/gallon while on November 19, 2015 it was $2.229/gallon. Go back to October 2014 and it was almost $4/gallon! It's damn cheap right now. I keep records of every fuel fill in all of my vehicles.

There are still a few stations in town that have 93 octane premium $.20 higher than 87 octane.

LMAO! This should be good... And why would you need to drain the tank once a month?
It`s because of the ethanol they put in the gas.When I buy a gallon of (ethanol )gas today for my lawn mower?I have to make sure I use it up before 30 days because my lawn mower won`t run right .If I buy 100% gasoline it last twice as long.How many people you know who owns a boat(that don`t know any better) that just leaves the gas in the tank during the winter time?When they take their boat out for the first time, it either won`t start or it runs poorly.It`s because of the ethanol they put in the gas. Yes you can put the(Stabil) mix in the gas too.That`s suppose to increase the life of gasoline with ethanol in it.So when it comes to the gov`t. putting ethanol in our gas?It`s no laughing matter.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:37 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toocute350
It`s because of the ethanol they put in the gas.When I buy a gallon of (ethanol )gas today for my lawn mower?I have to make sure I use it up before 30 days because my lawn mower won`t run right .If I buy 100% gasoline it last twice as long.How many people you know who owns a boat(that don`t know any better) that just leaves the gas in the tank during the winter time?When they take their boat out for the first time, it either won`t start or it runs poorly.It`s because of the ethanol they put in the gas. Yes you can put the(Stabil) mix in the gas too.That`s suppose to increase the life of gasoline with ethanol in it.So when it comes to the gov`t. putting ethanol in our gas?It`s no laughing matter.
My '74 K5 was filled up last week. The previous tank fill was in February. Tank before that almost a year to the day. No issues what so ever. Pump the throttle 5-6 times and it starts, idles, and motors down the road just fine even in sub-zero temps. Has been this way for the 7+ years I have owned it. It's my hunting/mudding truck so it doesn't get a lot of seat time, but by your assumptions, it shouldn't even start.

I know for a fact that my '09 Denali gets better fuel mileage on E10 than 100% gasoline. I ran a test over the summer that showed a consistent .7mpg increase when moving from 100% gasoline to E10; using each for at least 3 tank fulls to ensure minimal cross-contamination. I have had similar results with all of my past vehicles to which I have records of every fuel fill up since purchase going back to 2004.

All of my small engine equipment runs regular 87 octane E10 from whatever station has it the cheapest and they all run fine, even my chipper that sat for over two years without being run. Turn the tank on and pull the cord. Started right up this fall. I fill four 5 gallon cans at a time and it'll last me 2-3 months through the spring/summer. Longer in the fall/winter. No additives at all.

Most of the people that I run into with "issues" resulting from use of modern ethanol blend fuel is due to a lack of maintenance/tuning.

As far as boats go, most of the people that I know with boats barely know how to fuel them let alone maintain them.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
My '74 K5 was filled up last week. The previous tank fill was in February. Tank before that almost a year to the day. No issues what so ever. Pump the throttle 5-6 times and it starts, idles, and motors down the road just fine even in sub-zero temps. Has been this way for the 7+ years I have owned it. It's my hunting/mudding truck so it doesn't get a lot of seat time, but by your assumptions, it shouldn't even start.

I know for a fact that my '09 Denali gets better fuel mileage on E10 than 100% gasoline. I ran a test over the summer that showed a consistent .7mpg increase when moving from 100% gasoline to E10; using each for at least 3 tank fulls to ensure minimal cross-contamination. I have had similar results with all of my past vehicles to which I have records of every fuel fill up since purchase going back to 2004.

All of my small engine equipment runs regular 87 octane E10 from whatever station has it the cheapest and they all run fine, even my chipper that sat for over two years without being run. Turn the tank on and pull the cord. Started right up this fall. I fill four 5 gallon cans at a time and it'll last me 2-3 months through the spring/summer. Longer in the fall/winter. No additives at all.

Most of the people that I run into with "issues" resulting from use of modern ethanol blend fuel is due to a lack of maintenance/tuning.

As far as boats go, most of the people that I know with boats barely know how to fuel them let alone maintain them.
All I can say is"The grade of gas up north, is alot better than down south!"I would think it would have to be due to the brutal winters you all have each and every year.I`ll give you another example.I too run premium in my lawn mower and edger only.When I first buy the premium it`s kinda clear(with a blueish tint to it)not 100% clear.After the first 30 days..The gas now has a greenish,yellowish tint to it.I put this gas in a empty tank(I always run my equipment dry) try to start it..It runs but dies out 3 or 4 different time`s while using them.I do maintain all of my equipment all year round.I go buy fresh premium gas,I fill her up runs all day without stopping.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:50 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

2.09 a gallon here in Minneapolis.

Quick Reply: Gas prices gone wild!!