Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Gettin' Profiled

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:00 AM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road
Default Gettin' Profiled

So I got pulled over Wednesday morning when I got off work at about 1:40am (literally a quarter of a mile from my work). The Undercover Tennessee State Trooper in a blue crown vic asked me if I knew why he pulled me over. (With his flashlight in my eyes the whole time) I told him no, so he proceeds to inform me that my tail lights are illegal, and that he couldn't see them from 50 feet behind me (I know better than that). They light up just like any other tail lights at night, just with a slight tint. He asks me where I'm going, I reply, "I just got off work and now I'm going home".Then he asks for my license, registration, and proof of insurance. He checks everything out and finds everything to be in order. So he comes back to me and asks me, "Is that a body lift on there?". I replied, " Yep, It has a body lift and suspension lift." He then starts complementing me on how good the tail lights look blacked out with my black truck. ???? Wait, hold on!!!! He just told me they where illegal and now he's complementing on how good they look!???? Then he notices my mickey thompson tires and starts complementing them. I go along with the conversation he's having with me, and I told him thanks. He tells me he is not gonna give me a ticket, but just letting me know the tail lights are illegal and that if he gave me a ticket I would have to remove them. So I ask him if I should change them out or try to remove the spray tint. He tells me not to worry about it.???? Now I'm totally confused and paranoid that maybe he's not a real cop!! The last thing he tells me is that since I'm not driving drunk, I can go home. WTF!!!! I didn't think a cop around where I live (pretty nice area) would profile my truck, but I guess it happens everywhere. (FYI: The first thing he seen was my HID headlights, so maybe that's what he was looking for. IDK?). I just thought I would share that with you guys. Drive safe and NEVER think a cop doesn't have a reason to pull you over. He'll make one up!!!!

Last edited by rob44_90; 07-30-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:15 AM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Nah. Local cops won't stop me. Got harrassed by one and he got uber suspended so from then on nobody cares lol. Epic story though. Almost as retarded as mine. Haha

Old 07-31-2010, 02:30 AM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

It happens to alotta people. when I first got my license I was followed and pulled over twice in one week, but never a ticket.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:50 AM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

Its normal. Its hard to believe but some cops are car guys like us. Maybe he pulled you over cuz he wanted to take a look at your blazer

Old 07-31-2010, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by 1sexyblzr
Its normal. Its hard to believe but some cops are car guys like us. Maybe he pulled you over cuz he wanted to take a look at your blazer
I don't know. But it wasn't right for him to just waste my time when I'm on the edge of falling asleep after a 10 hour shift at 1:40 in the morning. Cops follow me just about everyday and this was the first time I got pulled over for that. I've had my tails tinted for about 2 months now.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:57 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I got stopped by a sexy lady cop who lent me a dime to undo the screws on my licence plate so that she could confiscate the tinted cover. She was real cool about it and I asked if I could buy her coffee and she said that would be like taking a bribe to blow me off! Theres some cool cops out there. Ive been warned about the tinted tails many many many times. Never a fine. Knock on wood.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by ohsofly
I got stopped by a sexy lady cop who lent me a dime to undo the screws on my licence plate so that she could confiscate the tinted cover. She was real cool about it and I asked if I could buy her coffee and she said that would be like taking a bribe to blow me off! Theres some cool cops out there. Ive been warned about the tinted tails many many many times. Never a fine. Knock on wood.
Nice. Too bad for you, she put the job first. They probably sold that cover on ebay to someone : ). Cops have nothing to do in the city around where I live, thus pull people over for anything. But they have yet to even warn me (knock on wood), only a state trooper??? He told me since I wasn't drinking and driving I was free to go. The police system is just messed up......Oh well.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:18 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I hated getting off work at 2am. Always was followed and sometimes pulled over for the slightest wobble of my truck. So I started wearing my coveralls home took care of the have you been drinking questions. After about three years they stopped following me but that's also when I got laid off!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

i know how you guys feel,i get followed all the time by city cops and state troopers in my area..i drive the most old person lookin vehicle ever(mostly stock bravada),cept the bass/music come'm out the windows its not flashy at all..ive been pulled over for some of the smallest/stupidest **** ever..gotten many tickets along the way

Old 08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I just finished "Cop School" lol. And alot of my teachers said it was the exact reason you stated. They get tired too. Gotta get up and stretch the legs and get a convo going. I don't know about him going on about your tails tho. Maybe just so he didn't look dumb.

Anyways, Glad you didn't get a ticket.

Quick Reply: Gettin' Profiled