Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Getting the old 12 gauge powder coated this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:42 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting the old 12 gauge powder coated this weekend

Just thought I'de share. My Mossberg 500A was neglected when I traveled for work. Got a little rusty. I'de reblue it, but I think powder coating would be way cooler. Flat black all the way around.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:50 PM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

sounds sweet. you should put up some pics when its finished

Old 07-13-2010, 09:04 PM

I will

Old 07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Very intriguing... I am still looking into getting myself a "self defense" "home defense" firearm

Old 07-13-2010, 11:32 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, sounds sweet looking forward to some pics.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

I had a customer come in and ask if we could coat his riffle. I'd never done a gun before so I told him I wasn't sure how well it would hold up long term. Does that shop do a lot of them? I'd like to hear a follow up on how it works out for ya.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:58 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wlorton
Very intriguing... I am still looking into getting myself a "self defense" "home defense" firearm
Just to share with ya what I got. I picked up a High Point 40 cal. pistol from a buddy for $125. Was only like 2 monthes old and new they are about $175 or so. It's not the sexiest thing you've ever held, and it is a bit heavy, but just for home defence and fun shooting from time to time it works. It's had about 150 shells through it and never a jam. Some people claim they arn't the best, but not everyone want's a Taurus or Glock sitting around the house for "home defence" only purposes. Plus they are made in USA.

Not trying to hijack the thread or anything. I wanna see pics when it's done. Gotta love 12 gauges, espically pump action ones. Nothing will make someone ****, crap, scream and run all at the same time like that "chik CHIK" sound in a dark house!

Old 07-14-2010, 02:04 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
I had a customer come in and ask if we could coat his riffle. I'd never done a gun before so I told him I wasn't sure how well it would hold up long term. Does that shop do a lot of them? I'd like to hear a follow up on how it works out for ya.
that was my first thought as well.

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
................Not trying to hijack the thread or anything. I wanna see pics when it's done. Gotta love 12 gauges, espically pump action ones. Nothing will make someone ****, crap, scream and run all at the same time like that "chik CHIK" sound in a dark house!

brother, that might just be worth adding to a sig!

Old 07-14-2010, 04:44 PM

My buddy does powder coating and he's done a couple guns before. This isn't for self defense. I do a lot of hunting when I'm not working. And the size of the Mossberg is perfect for me, and is really good at close range shots for small game. I shoot trap but that's what my 870 is for, I hit between 15-17 with the Mossberg. But 23-25 everytime with the 870.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:06 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I have a Mossberg 500 Pump as well! Mine pretty much is flat black already, came that way when I bought it. It rests on my bed at the moment as I recently just ran out of room for guns in the gun rack.

Sell a gun or buy a new gun rack?

I think I'll get a bigger gun rack.

Quick Reply: Getting the old 12 gauge powder coated this weekend