Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Good Birthday. Now rabies?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:16 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default Good Birthday. Now rabies?

Alright,so birthday ended well.

Came home tonight and a kitten we have is in the front yard laying on the ground sick. He cant walk and cant raise up,almost looks like his back is broke. It tries to eat when i hold it up to food etc and eyes/mouth etc looks normal. Well about a hour ago i go outside to give it a little pain reliever since i felt bad for it. Id love to take it to the vet but Im out of a job,and we just got it a few days ago. anyways im giving it some pain reliever and decided to give it some cat food. Well my dumbass decided to try mouth feeding it and when it bite down it happen to knick my thumb enough to make it bleed when i squeeze it. So now its 3am and im a little worried about if i may be infected with something. I feel ok,other then just tired. Id make a trip to the local hospital but i have no health insurance and I may just be over reacting..oh what to do what to do..

Old 07-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Starting Member
Nvidia78 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
Alright,so birthday ended well.

Came home tonight and a kitten we have is in the front yard laying on the ground sick. He cant walk and cant raise up,almost looks like his back is broke. It tries to eat when i hold it up to food etc and eyes/mouth etc looks normal. Well about a hour ago i go outside to give it a little pain reliever since i felt bad for it. Id love to take it to the vet but Im out of a job,and we just got it a few days ago. anyways im giving it some pain reliever and decided to give it some cat food. Well my dumbass decided to try mouth feeding it and when it bite down it happen to knick my thumb enough to make it bleed when i squeeze it. So now its 3am and im a little worried about if i may be infected with something. I feel ok,other then just tired. Id make a trip to the local hospital but i have no health insurance and I may just be over reacting..oh what to do what to do..
I would have it checked out, no insurance or not rabies is not nothing to play around with, rabies infects the central nervous system travels up the spine and then to the brain where it multiplies then soon the brain gets inflamed and then death. There is an incubation period tho from when they get bit to the time it makes it to the barain, usually 4-6 weeks... here is a link to the cdc about rabies CDC - Exposure: When to seek medical attention - Rabies

Old 07-06-2011, 04:47 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

I went on in to the doctors. Had a few shots etc and animal control is coming out tomorrow to look at the cat or whatever. This week has been interesting.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:49 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

ouch chris you been threw some this week eh

Old 07-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Starting Member
Nvidia78 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
I went on in to the doctors. Had a few shots etc and animal control is coming out tomorrow to look at the cat or whatever. This week has been interesting.
Glad you went to the doctors, they prolly took some of your blood to test too, sounds like you have had a really bad week, hope all goes alright for you and hope the cat does not have rabies

Old 07-06-2011, 05:41 PM
BF Veteran

Actually they didnt take any blood etc. They just gave me some shots,told me talk to animal control and that if they said to go back,then go back...wtf? I though the hospital would of atleast took some blood and test it etc you know.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I've been through rabies vaccinations and they are not all that fun. Raccoon decided to tangle with my mom's jack russell at 2AM about 10 years ago... My brother had a baseball bat. I had the 12ga... Only thing I did wrong was touching the thing with my bare hands while putting it in a garbage bag...

I don't have a problem with needles at all, but they inject a ton of stuff into your gluteous maximus. You're sore for a few days after that... And there's 3 different injections, unless they have changed something since then.

They usually don't bother testing since it can take awhile to get the test results back and you have to start the vaccinations ASAP.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:46 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I've been through rabies vaccinations and they are not all that fun. Raccoon decided to tangle with my mom's jack russell at 2AM about 10 years ago... My brother had a baseball bat. I had the 12ga... Only thing I did wrong was touching the thing with my bare hands while putting it in a garbage bag...

I don't have a problem with needles at all, but they inject a ton of stuff into your gluteous maximus. You're sore for a few days after that... And there's 3 different injections, unless they have changed something since then.

They usually don't bother testing since it can take awhile to get the test results back and you have to start the vaccinations ASAP.

wow you must of blown its body up with a 12
haha id use a 22 on a raccoon

Old 07-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

12ga w/ #8 shot works quite well and doesn't have as much a chance of a dangerous ricochet. There was rocks & concrete behind the bushes that the raccoon crawled into. All of the pellets went into the raccoon & none came out. Can't say the same for my .22.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:54 PM
BF Guru

ohh you used bird shot hehe imagine using a slug that raccoon would be like (BLOW UP)

are you a hunter swartlkk ?

Quick Reply: Good Birthday. Now rabies?