The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Guns!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

well unless you have a cash register in your living room/are selling stuff from your home on the regular, armed robbery is not exactly a common form of home invasion...

more likely than not, you will be ripped off by an associate of a friend of yours, or by a neighborhood kid, that has a genral idea of your habits (when your in and out) and what stuff (you got a new pistol or see's your computer/tv on the regular) you have worth walking off with.

But, then again, even robbery is rare in the grand scheme of things.

Where I live, we have the highest crime rate in the state (Gresham is apparantly the Detroit of Oregon). Where I live there are a number of schools in the area (3 high schools in the vicinity). Where I live there is one of the highest unemployment rates in the country(go Beaver state!), and our homelessness is out of control. There is a rising gang problem in my fair city too.

I STILL do not honestly expect to ever have a problem, and if I do, chances are, I wont even be home, and my guns will be one of the things ripped off.

IMO the best home def weapon is isurance...

still, i wouldn't mind seeing what a 120 grain, .38+p Hyrda-Shok JHP can do, at average encounter range, to a meat target...

Just get a Glock 17, buy a 100 rd C-mag for it, and "convert" it to a Glock 18 and pray to God you never get found out....

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-03-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:35 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B

Just get a Glock 17, buy a 100 rd C-mag for it, and "convert" it to a Glock 18 and pray to God you never get found out....

ooooohhh! that looks like fun!

wonder what that would do to a meat target? guess it'd be like a piece of cheese after. Swiss cheese that is.