Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

hand gun question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road
Default hand gun question

ok..well i used to live in PA and due to an accident im now stayin in NY..well i got peoples tryin to get me to stay here after this shut heals,well when i lived in PA i purchased a S&W 9mm pistol and i love the thing but possesing it up here in ny is huge felony so i left it with a friend down in PA.If i were to stay up in ny,how would i make it legal for me to own the pistol in ny..ik a permit but dont i need the gun to get that?..btw PA gun laws>NY gun laws

Old 08-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Starting Member

soooo no one knows this really?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

8 minutes... Really? Impatient much??

You have to have a pistol permit issued by the county you reside in...

Old 08-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
8 minutes... Really? Impatient much??

You have to have a pistol permit issued by the county you reside in...
yup i currently have no life ...and it was an Hour and 8 mins. hmm ya prolly too much work/cost might just say **** it and hide that thing lol

Last edited by 97Bravada; 08-02-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:21 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

i have a friend who is currently starting the permit process down here on Long Island. The best thing I can think of is go to a gun store or possibly the local Police Dept and ask them. Do it right and don't screw around. http://www.ehow.com/list_6774275_new...-handguns.html

Last edited by DKSDAD; 08-02-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:23 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

So glad I don't live on the East Coast. I can buy any firearm, short of a full auto, and all I need to do is show my DL, fill out a short form and wait a few minutes for the back ground check to come back.

Looks like I'll never be moving to NY state, that's for sure!

Old 08-03-2011, 01:50 AM
Starting Member
LowLife is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Originally Posted by AJBert
So glad I don't live on the East Coast. I can buy any firearm, short of a full auto, and all I need to do is show my DL, fill out a short form and wait a few minutes for the back ground check to come back.

Damn right dont, trust me i got arrested and charged with a felony 3 possesion of a firearm here in pa for my own pistol, because i decided to take my legally registered firearm to a pistol range for some target shooting on 1 of my days off, on my way home i got pulled over now before i go any further the pistol was a springfield armory xdm .40 cal it was in a locked gun case in the trunk with no magazines & no ammo the mags were in the glovebox and the paperwork was also in the glovebox they treated me like i had shot and killed someone worst part was i had made it 10 miles back and was only 2 city blocks from my house they took me to pittsburgh county jail lol and they towed my lexus to the pound as police evidence so trust me do not mess around about transporting a gun across any state line. when traveling with a firearm you are suppose to stop in every state you cross into's closest police barrecks to see what there laws are about firearms bunch of bull**** if you ask me what you can do with a unloaded firearm is beyond me, maybe use it as a paperweight maybe even a bookmarker Im much more dangerous with a breaker bar, tire iron i guess i could throw my $800 pistol at you if that counts....guess if you have a baseball you may also be charged and arrested lol i hate the east coast as soon as my charges are dismissed im goin down south where i can go to church with my firearms if i feel the need to

Last edited by LowLife; 08-03-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by AJBert

its the same as you described in PA,i can go into any gun store in
PA..show my DL,fill out forms,pass a state police back ground check..and i can have any # of guns,though semi auto :/...AK47s,ar-15s,pistols,hence why i love PA!..ny can suck a D!ck far as its restrictive gun laws go.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Starting Member
kevlar974 is on a distinguished road

I second that AJBert.
Florida is still east coast but if you have a clean record you can own and carry almost anything.
And now we have the right to defend law so we can shoot back.
Welcome to the wild west part 2

Old 08-03-2011, 06:51 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

well upstate ny you can buy shotguns or rifles in 15 20 mins but not handguns

we need permits for hand guns witch my parents have

in the city you need a permit to have any type of firearms in your household and also the triggers need to be locked and the ammunition has to be far from the firearms

Quick Reply: hand gun question