Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Happy birthday!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Spent the day sanding and priming rough spots on my Rainier. Should be all set by tomorrow.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Here are the pictures from Friday (and Saturday... AND Sunday):

Original damage prompting the bodywork:

Scuffing & some primer:

The first four images show the repair to damage that was present when we purchased the truck. It was initially covered up with a parking lot repair job and it always has bothered me. The last two show the primer on the other repairs.

All done:

I decided to repair some other damage that was on the bumper from when we bought it. Since we were painting the cladding on the passenger side due to the scratches/scuffs, I wanted to repair the road rash typical on these. We put down some rock guard paint on the flared out section on both rear doors to protect it then painted over it with color and clear.

All in all, I am very happy with the results. Can't argue with free! I'll be helping the shop owner out with some computer problems he is experiencing as payback.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:49 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Very nice work!! It looks like it's brand new factory paint.

On a side note...post # 1800 for me

Old 11-02-2009, 01:54 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good man i dont think my employees could have done a better job

Old 11-02-2009, 03:43 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Kyle!

Scorpios unite! I myself will be celebrating my birthday on the 10th. I do it up right by going to Hedonism II in Negril, Jamaica 6 years running!

It must have been a weekend for fixing body damage. I painted & replaced the right rear bumper corner the previous owner smashed.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

happy b-day kyle. nice work on the rainier. and Alex no one cares about your post whoring LOL