Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Happy Friday Ya'll..

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road
Default Happy Friday Ya'll..

Happy Friday Ya'll..

Been spending wayyyyy to much time trying to disect an interface called "Ford UBP (UART Based Protocol)" which is used on my Wife's 05 Mountaineer. I have a stack of Pi's and a variety of Arduino's. One being an Arduino DUE, which has CAN capability. Basically, I am clueless at the moment, but learning as I go.

But oh heck..I had to swing in here. Getting Chevy \ Blazer withdrawal symptoms. Been 3 dang weeks since I've touched the thing.

I think all I need to do is replace the idler pulley and belt again, and "Maybe"..Just Maybe the dagum belt will stay on.

That Blazer makes so much more sense than my Wife's Mountaineer. That thing has way too many toys, features and buttons on it. Maybe this weekend, i'll give myself a break and do some work on the Blazer. At least when it acts up, it's almost always for an obvious reason..

Have a great weekend ya'll!

Old 05-04-2018, 07:20 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jone531@bellsouth.net
Happy Friday Ya'll..

Been spending wayyyyy to much time trying to disect an interface called "Ford UBP (UART Based Protocol)" which is used on my Wife's 05 Mountaineer. I have a stack of Pi's and a variety of Arduino's. One being an Arduino DUE, which has CAN capability. Basically, I am clueless at the moment, but learning as I go.

But oh heck..I had to swing in here. Getting Chevy \ Blazer withdrawal symptoms. Been 3 dang weeks since I've touched the thing.

I think all I need to do is replace the idler pulley and belt again, and "Maybe"..Just Maybe the dagum belt will stay on.

That Blazer makes so much more sense than my Wife's Mountaineer. That thing has way too many toys, features and buttons on it. Maybe this weekend, i'll give myself a break and do some work on the Blazer. At least when it acts up, it's almost always for an obvious reason..

Have a great weekend ya'll!
Happy Friday to you too!

I'll be placing my order for replacement AC components for my Blazer this weekend along with doing a valve lash adjustment on my 82 Honda Prelude. Now that is a car that just won't die!

Old 05-05-2018, 03:54 AM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

Well that just sounds like a boatload of fun.. Like most other Hondas , those Preludes will roll on forever..It always amazes me how we can be doing some pretty intensive repairs on Fords and Chevy's at 150,000 miles, yet those Hondas and Toyota's get 300,000+ miles before anything even starts to wear out..