Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Harbor freight utitlity trailers

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Starting Member
hotrod413 is on a distinguished road
Default Harbor freight utitlity trailers

Ive been looking for a cheap trailer to tow behind the blazer for my move to nevada. Ive been looking at this one from harbor freight

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92174

All I have to move is a king size mattress/box springs (box springs will be in the blazer) 2 night stands, and a closet full of stuff.

My question is if anyone knows if these trailers have to be registered with the DMV or what? Are they assemble and use, or do they need a vin

Im looking at them because they are cheap, and a one use sorta thing to me. I would probably not use them again for years.

Does anyone have experience with these trailers?

Old 07-11-2009, 09:43 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I believe you can rent trailers like that from uhaul. If it's a one-time use thing, rental would be more cost-effective

Old 07-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

I dont know if I would trust anything like that from Harbor Freight. Buying tools and whatnot is one thing, but I've heard bad things about there higher end products (those compressors they sell for example, been a few fires because of them)

Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes almost all states require you register and insure you trailer ( I say almost all because I don't know of any who don't, but there could be some). As far as buying one, check around locally if you live in any kind of rural/semi-rural area, someone is always selling a trailer for some quick $, especially now, and if you are serious about it and have a good mechanic, have him check it out....

Old 07-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to check with the DMV of the states you will be traveling through. An example; here in Oregon you dont even have to register a trailer if its light enough! hope it helps!

Originally Posted by Oregon DMV Website
... You do not have to register a light trailer (which includes a utility, boat, or horse trailer) or obtain a trip permit to operate it on the road if the trailer, plus the heaviest load it will carry, weighs less than 1,800 pounds total. However, you may wish to obtain a title for your trailer because most law enforcement agencies and insurance companies want to see proof of ownership if it is ever stolen. ...

Old 07-13-2009, 06:47 PM
wolfen is on a distinguished road

If you are only gonna use it once Uhaul is probably your best bet, They are registered in all 50 states.
I'm not sure about where you are, but here in Virginia a trailer MUST be registered and have tags, I got a class1 from Lowe's made by carry-on, with 12" wheels and its only 5x8 rated at 2000, and I have to have everything but an inspection, $380 for the one in the picture ain't too bad, but 5x9 should haul more than 1265 even at class 1. if you really want to own one check your local Lowe's or a trailer suppler, or even Uhaul, they sell them sometimes.

Last edited by wolfen; 07-13-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:02 PM
rafa.jrbarajas is on a distinguished road

im from nevada and yea you need to register your trailer... i have two

Old 07-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Starting Member
hotrod413 is on a distinguished road

I guess Ill just buy a cheap one that someone is selling by me..........Im getting a storage unit in nevada, so If anything, the trailer will be in it too. Im in SoCal, in a house with half an acre, and, and moving to a duplex in stead, nevada oh well....Thanks for the help guys

Old 07-14-2009, 05:59 PM
wolfen is on a distinguished road

Your welcome, but keep in mind that at some point in your life a trailer is gonna be needed again, trust me I own a house, my old trailer had to be replaced cause I wore it out LOL.