The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Hardest High School/College course ever taken

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:56 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I'm planning on going into crinimal justice and physchology. I may consider going into law afterwards depends on how everything else goes. When I took the compass test I scored a 61 on writing, 91 on reading and 38 on math. I know I need help on math but it was the writing that upset me. The essay's that were used were written terribly and the options for answers wern't much better. Couldn't cut and paste and hack something up like I can on here (like I did on the petition thread) I would never write anything as bad as what was on that computer screen. If indeed it was all about grammer then I deserved what I got because I don't remember grammer at all.

I haven't had much formal schooling since graduation from high school in 1994 so college this fall aint going to be easy.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdespain
So far, my toughest course has been CAD. The subject is not tough, the instructor makes it tough. The instructor is from Kenya, does not use a book (he makes his own manual), he does not speak or write very good English, and oh yeah, did I mention this class is offered ONLY on-line?! I really feel like he knows CAD, it is just really hard to understand his videos and literature. It really sucks that a required class is only available on-line. Plus he is really vague with his instructions.
i honestly love CAD, i used it my senior year of high school in my engineering class where our teacher couldn't even use the program to write his name (he was our varsity football coach and shop teacher where he could do an oil change and rotate tires). I loved the program and had some pretty cool designs for sub boxes, bull bars, front ends, and i even designed a standard cab truck that was pretty sick... too bad i'm too cheap to buy the program

Old 03-25-2010, 10:21 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

My toughest college class was called Cultural Development. Art, culture, civilization from the dawn of time to modern times. I'm no slacker of a student and I scraped by with a D-. Just my luck, the professor that taught the class retired the year after I graduated.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:33 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
Hey, hit me up if you need help? I used autocad 2009 and 2010 and got it decent enough to do the basic houses etc...
Me and another guy taking the same class got together the weekend before Spring break and finished all the modules in the class by working together. When we submitted them, the teacher exempted us from the final exam and I got an "A" for the semester. I'm just glad it's over! I truly appreciate the offer though. I am currently using the Autocad 2010 to try and design my own light mounts to clamp on the top rung of my bull-bar. I know they already make them, I am just seeing if I can be successful at designing my own.

Originally Posted by MTopper
i honestly love CAD, i used it my senior year of high school in my engineering class where our teacher couldn't even use the program to write his name (he was our varsity football coach and shop teacher where he could do an oil change and rotate tires). I loved the program and had some pretty cool designs for sub boxes, bull bars, front ends, and i even designed a standard cab truck that was pretty sick... too bad i'm too cheap to buy the program
I do like working with the Autocad program. I think it's fun. I just feel that the language barrier and being taught on-line made the class very difficult. Other than that, it was very interesting. Plus, I now have Autocad 2010 on my laptop.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Anatomy & Physiology the first time I took it. The professor was someone who probably spent many a day in high school upside down in a urinal and was still angry. First day of the class he came in, slammed his briefcase down- on the floor, not a table mind you- and was acting huffy. Said "I didn't get a MFing PhD in Marine Biology to teach a G.D. anatomy class." Told us to "Get the F out and come back next class meeting." Spewed his crap about how he'll only answer questions that aren't stupid. I needed the class and with my background in powerlifting and dieting, figured I could pass it with just the book. WRONG. Dropped the class, but my poor sister was still in there. She had a surgery end of that semester and by doctors orders was told she had to stay in a wheel chair for a few weeks because of her operated knee. Dr. Douche as I call him, said she'd have to stand during the final lab exam like everyone else. Since I drove her to school that day I went to his office, with the dean. She took her exam in her wheel chair, and passed. Guy still has a job somehow.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:29 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Phil
Since I drove her to school that day I went to his office, with the dean. She took her exam in her wheel chair, and passed. Guy still has a job somehow.
Good for you Phil, i'm really impressed he still has a job after that but there are a lot worse things that go on in schools that admins let slide

Old 03-26-2010, 12:39 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jdespain
Me and another guy taking the same class got together the weekend before Spring break and finished all the modules in the class by working together. When we submitted them, the teacher exempted us from the final exam and I got an "A" for the semester. I'm just glad it's over! I truly appreciate the offer though. I am currently using the Autocad 2010 to try and design my own light mounts to clamp on the top rung of my bull-bar. I know they already make them, I am just seeing if I can be successful at designing my own.

I do like working with the Autocad program. I think it's fun. I just feel that the language barrier and being taught on-line made the class very difficult. Other than that, it was very interesting. Plus, I now have Autocad 2010 on my laptop.
I actually got a 6/10 on every homework for using AutoCad 2010 instead of Autocad 2009, but went into the final with a 84% and came out above a 90%....

The teacher designed the two hour exam based on a 4-5 hour project house. Basically, I strapped down and made mine good enough so that when I handed his copy and my copy, he was unsure of which one was his. Still makes me grin, the guy gives me 6/10 on every homework and I was the only person in any of the 4 classes that finished. I really enjoy it because it is pretty fun when you work with it, I designed a custom bumper for my blazer, but the fiancee's father didn't wanna fab it....

Old 03-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road

I'm actually sitting in the hardest class I've taken. It's not hard material, it's just there's a BUNCH of it, all crammed in a relatively small amount of time. It's a great class, I love it, the teacher's cool and knows how to teach well, and the other students are all pretty cool too. It's just a lot of stuff to get down really fast is all.

-Joe

Old 03-26-2010, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Joemakerman
I'm actually sitting in the hardest class I've taken. It's not hard material, it's just there's a BUNCH of it, all crammed in a relatively small amount of time. It's a great class, I love it, the teacher's cool and knows how to teach well, and the other students are all pretty cool too. It's just a lot of stuff to get down really fast is all.

-Joe
what class are you talking about? i'm sitting in my philosophy class "study of ethics" and my teacher is literally 2 years older than me... he doesn't know how to teach anything but, the lowest grade on our 2 tests has been a 39 out of 50... (i'm rocking a 98 haha)

Old 03-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Beginning Member
JeremyNYR is on a distinguished road

For college, I'd have to say either Calculus (1 or 2, take your pick), Chemistry or Differential Equations. I actually did pretty decent in Differential Equations, but I could barely tell you what one is at this point... just goes to show how useless that class was!

Quick Reply: Hardest High School/College course ever taken