Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Hardest High School/College course ever taken

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 12:58 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JeremyNYR
For college, I'd have to say either Calculus (1 or 2, take your pick), Chemistry or Differential Equations. I actually did pretty decent in Differential Equations, but I could barely tell you what one is at this point... just goes to show how useless that class was!
Its not totally useless, I still use it in Fluid Mechanics and Hyrdaulics... which could lead to a possible career choice for me. So interesting.... Did you know water leaves a hose/nozzle with 0 pressure, but it has such a high velocity as pressure and velocity are complimentary

Old 03-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I loved Calc 1-3, Physics, Statics, Dynamics, DiffEq, and all of the complex and theoretical math classes I took. I still use those equations quite a bit when checking the accuracy of FEA's. Some of the theoretical math courses that I took in graduate school were the most interesting courses I have ever taken. Practical mathematics to describe some of the things you see and experience every day.

One of the worst classes (because of the Ukrainian instructor) was Material Science. That instructor was HORRIBLE. He would always be 10 minutes late for class and always because he had to go to the bathroom before class. And he would always run over by 15 minutes, ALWAYS! He mumbled as well... Brilliant guy, but horrible instructor. Funny thing is I use that class and book very frequently to this day.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Without a doubt, the hardest course I took would be biology. I can't imagine why a rose isn't called a rose, or a shin bone isn't called a shin bone.

Majored in accounting and minored in English. Economics wasn't too bad, but I tend to like the math side of things.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:51 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MrJP
Without a doubt, the hardest course I took would be biology. I can't imagine why a rose isn't called a rose, or a shin bone isn't called a shin bone.

Majored in accounting and minored in English. Economics wasn't too bad, but I tend to like the math side of things.
See, if it was just mathematics i'd be fine with it. But its more vocab and wording than anything else.. so it happens

Old 03-27-2010, 04:24 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I loved Calc 1-3, Physics, Statics, Dynamics, DiffEq, and all of the complex and theoretical math classes I took. I still use those equations quite a bit when checking the accuracy of FEA's. Some of the theoretical math courses that I took in graduate school were the most interesting courses I have ever taken. Practical mathematics to describe some of the things you see and experience every day.

One of the worst classes (because of the Ukrainian instructor) was Material Science. That instructor was HORRIBLE. He would always be 10 minutes late for class and always because he had to go to the bathroom before class. And he would always run over by 15 minutes, ALWAYS! He mumbled as well... Brilliant guy, but horrible instructor. Funny thing is I use that class and book very frequently to this day.
Where do you work? My material science teacher opened a powerpoint that was filled with pr0n and it was titled "too many tens"

Old 04-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Starting Member
Hemmer is on a distinguished road

I have a calculus 3 final exam at 8:30 tomorow morning. Im a chemical production, power engineering student. Was taking a break from studying and just found this site.