Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

heart problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 01:13 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
Default heart problems

Not doing too good lately, not sure if ill ever get my Blazer running again.

Had my second heart attack last night and got an ambulance ride to the hospital. Was fighting a little with the woman and picked up the baby boy when it happened. Scary stuff boys and gals. I got checked out at 4am and sent home. This is my 2nd HA now... Damn I'm only 33 and not at all unhealthy. First one I was 29.

Time for some lifestyle changes I guess... I'm on my final pack of cigs right now, and will be taking my coffee consumption down to a cup in the morning and that is all. I have higher than average blood pressure which they say causes paralyzing strokes.

Heart disease has taken out every man on my dads side between 50 and 60 so I have to do something if I ever want to meet my grandkids.

I've also gotta change my habits so my commercial driving licence doesn't get pulled, I can't afford to feed my family without it.

Anyways, anyone else here have heart problems or any tricks and tips?

Old 02-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

i think when you drop the cigs and caffeen that will help allot. not much you can do about the genetic stuff tho.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Holy c#@p man, glad to here you're still with us! Don't let history dictate how you will live your life.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

remember, focus on what you CAN control and dont let what your CANT control bother you.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:15 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Glad you are okay man, 33 and the second one, yikes.
A few lifestyle changes will help immensely. It sucks that all the things that are bad for us, are fun to do. All the food that is good for you, does not taste as good as the stuff that is bad for you.
But it seems like you got a plan of what needs to be done, Just follow through with it.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:30 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

My father died of lung cancer 14 yrs ago. that day with my kids sitting on my lap I swore they would not feel the way I felt at that time because of cigs. I crushed the pack and have never had another. I used the patch, it was tough but the patch made it bearable. And its cheaper than the butts. Kick that and some excersize down road and you will add years. Good luck, keep thinking of your kid, you can do it

Old 02-04-2013, 03:25 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Kids... We have 6 reasons for me to quit the smoking.... Thanks dudes.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:17 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

man..glad your ok now. yeah look into stress management too...maybe meditation or walking.

my ex-father in law had a heart attack wound up with a quadruple bypass...did a half *** job of cleaning up his diet and habits...3 years later massive heart failure got him in his sleep. his wife woke up next to him dead in bed.
lousy way to go....glad your taking this seriously. i wish you luck and better health.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Think of how your kids would feel if you were gone? That's what keeps me from doing a lot of the stupid things I used to do!

My Dad died from cancer, not easy...

Old 02-04-2013, 04:36 PM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

My dad was also 30 something when he had his first HA which turned into a quad bypass, All from smoking everyday after that i would take every pack he had and throw in our pool couple days later gpa had the same thing, now im 20 with high blood pressure, back problems looking at a fusion in the years to come also have knee problems. but glad to know your getting better

Quick Reply: heart problems