Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

The hits keep coming...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 12:48 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down The hits keep coming...

So if anyone remembers, I have had my eye on a mildly cammed, rebuilt, running 327 sbc my dad had pulled out of a 66 Impala hotrod project he is working on... he had plans for it in a 36 Chevy pu, but has shifted all focus into the Imp...

Well, while i was at recruiting school, my brother made a power play and scooped it up for $200 cash... he dropped it into a '78 Chevy Custom Camper to make a hunting rig...

What ever right? Worse things have happened.

Well the new motor for the Impala is a ZZ502 that came out of his puller project. But most of the pulling gear is not set up for a track rig. this is where the hits start.

He gave my brother this 402 lbc along with all of the old pulling tin... a built turbo 400, a demon caburation speed demon carb, some race manifold, electric water pump, davis unified ignition and like a million other kick-@ss bits and pieces....

all i have to say is WTF m8! I guess my Christmas gift wasn't good enough
you win some you lose some, but damn that hurts...

on the plus side, he did let me use the shop to screw with my rear suspension and such...

Old 01-16-2011, 04:54 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I know what its like man... My little brother makes way more money, has no dissapointed our folks like I have, and doesnt have a long string of failed relationships that his older brother has... But I like to think that I have had more fun and lived harder... Its all good. He will still let my drive his toys

Old 01-16-2011, 08:27 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i feel for ya Curtis.

being the oldest of 6, i always felt i had to work a little harder than some of my other brothers had to. how true that statement was/is, i can't really say.

sometimes it comes down to being in the right place @ the right time.

sure seems like i'm never in the right place though.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:53 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well boys my 1 and only older brother doesn't talk to me bcause I got out of the army "so I won't make nothing of myself" mind you I'm in college and he's been working the same dead end job he hates for 6 or 7 years now. Keep in mind also both of our parents passed away. Funny right? Oh well ABN just buy your own stuff and you'll be prouder of it buddy!

Old 01-16-2011, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I appreciate the pep talks boys.

@ohsofly: the funny thing is i'm the only one (of the 3 of us) who HAS done anything with my life. brother has 2 years to go to get his license back after 3rd dui, he grows and sells weed as a job, and got shot in the leg by his coke dealing buddy

Chris, i'm in the same boat man, just a little further south and with out the metric system

cochran077: you're right. i know you are, but it still sucks also wouldn't hurt if the wife would score a job...

This is my therapy, im just bitc*ing into the lounge

Old 01-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

i know how you feel...dont really want to go into my crap as im in a pretty good mood ATM but you should know we feel ya, know how it is. in the end you will be proud of yourself for workin hard to have gotten what you have and be the person you are....I know I am.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:10 PM

look at it this way ABN. We are all driving anywhere from 6 or 7 year old trucks up to 20 something year old trucks. And I feel ya on the job thing the GI Bill don't hardly cough up enough money a month. So I am intently looking for a job as I type this haha.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:12 PM

look at it this way ABN. We are all driving anywhere from 6 or 7 year old trucks up to 20 something year old trucks. And I feel ya on the job thing the GI Bill don't hardly cough up enough money a month. So I am intently looking for a job as I type this haha.

Btw I think the forum is a type of therepy for us all. Espesially us that's on here all the time. Blazerforum is always pulled up on my phone!