The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Hurricane Bill is barreling directly for me! lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:53 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future
Default Hurricane Bill is barreling directly for me! lol

Well it looks like Bill is going to hit us fairly dead on..

I live directly under that "85" square in Nova Scotia. Luckily I'm heading away to NB this weekend for the drag races, but we're coming back Sunday (right in the middle of when it's expected to hit lol) so it should be interesting. I just hope it dies down before it hits. Last major one we had was Juan on '03. It was only a high category 2, and we were without power for 13 days!! lol.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:59 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Oh wow! I hope your house doesn't get damaged or anything like that

Old 08-20-2009, 08:02 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
Oh wow! I hope your house doesn't get damaged or anything like that
I hope not either. I have some fairly large trees towards the back of my place...near the bedrooms, but I think they will be ok.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Starting Member
two1nine is on a distinguished road

Man, hope it dies down....13 days no power that's crazy...no hurricanes in the midwest but we got those tornadoes over here...one came thru yesterday bout 25 min(depends on whos driving..lol) away from me...stay safe and have fun at the track..

Old 08-20-2009, 08:55 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I hope that the Blazer doesn't get damaged! Hopefully you have a garage. Or you could throw some rocks at the paint and claim insurance. How bout a nice black paint job.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RangerG
I hope that the Blazer doesn't get damaged! Hopefully you have a garage. Or you could throw some rocks at the paint and claim insurance. How bout a nice black paint job.
lol I was about to say the same thing.

Hope it dies down. stay safe.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:59 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
lol I was about to say the same thing.

Hope it dies down. stay safe.
Can't remember the last hurricane in Saskatchewan. I think that might be because there never was one!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:28 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't get to worried just at the moment as most models are not terribly accurate, particularly this many days out. Do be prepared, though.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Hopefully it will die down some. In the past, some of the tropical storms and hurricanes that hit the Gulf Coast end up dying out before they get very far north. However, since Bill's projected path is almost entirely over the ocean, it may pick up steam (no pun intended) and keep getting bigger and bigger.

Stay Safe!

Old 08-22-2009, 08:11 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks guys. I hope it won't be too bad. We headed home a bit early from the races to beat the storm. It's a beautiful night out at home tonight (calm before the storm). I expect all hell to break loose overnight and into tomorrow lol.
To tell you the truth I'm more worried about the truck. I have full insurance on the house, but only basic on the truck so it would be a total loss if it got crushed by a tree or something. Oh well, I'll just ride it out and hope for the best.

Quick Reply: Hurricane Bill is barreling directly for me! lol