Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Hurricane prep

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Bdub is on a distinguished road

hmmm back in 09 we had a massive ice storm that broke electric/telephone poles down and trees everywhere across roads... we just got a nice chainsaw to cut up wood when we had our trees topped... maybe if something happens this winter I'll throw it in the blazer and go clear some roads

I really want some good a/t tires and a winch now

Old 10-26-2012, 11:47 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I basically keep all our trucks away from trees... Fueling them up is not an option since money is tight.

I mostly live about 5000 feet + above elevation. We wont be seeing any flooding thats for sure.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Here's a news forcast of what we should be expecting that my wife just sent me. Her name is Sandy to and shes a read head with an attitude go figure the storm is living up to its name lol!!
Hurricane Sandy Could Be “Frankenstorm” For The East Coast | WHNT.com — Huntsville News & Weather from WHNT Television News19 HD

Old 10-26-2012, 12:01 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

SANDYS A BETCHHHHHHH lol Imma give her a good *** woopin if she dont woop my *** 1st

Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Hahahahahaha!!!

Old 10-26-2012, 12:18 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

1600 mile storm?! OMFG & that's just Sandy. Wait till she joins up with the cold front & the high pressure system.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Lanny is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I'm just gonna go buy a new chainsaw and make some money cleaning up tree damage for all these sorry rich people that live around me
Lmao! I made $4000 last year after Irene doing the same thing...with any luck ill be so lucky again thus year!

Be safe all me NE coast blazer bros!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:44 PM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

rexmburns is right on!-for all that have saws,get 'em ready! Just watch for downed power lines and don't try to drop a tree that is leaning on properties without carefully evaluating the situation first! Today I filled my tank(will top it off tomorrow)filled all my 5 gal jugs with potable water,got a new can of white gas,my wife has like 1600 candles,ice is on hand in the many coolers,cooking a lot of the food that can be served cold(stouffers lasagna)plenty of bread and milk-bought today instead of Sunday when there won't be any! Will fill the tub for wash usage on Sunday evenin'! Taking all photos of my property on a separate SD card for insurance reasons. This should be interesting!
All my best wishes to any members in this Sandy issue! step66

Old 10-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Starting Member
serrasalmus is on a distinguished road

i cant believe no one mentioned a first aid kit....so thats my addition to this topic

Old 10-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

My wife and her friends just decided that in honor of her we will be having a "Hurricane Sandy Party"on Sunday afternoon/night! I said that's cool with me but I'm getting drunk!!!!

Quick Reply: Hurricane prep