Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Hurricane prep

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Oh,yeah it is going to be real interesting down here on Long Island. There is already local flooding and it has not even started to rain not to mention that it is low tide.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:04 AM
ImageDynamix is on a distinguished road
Cool

I was thinking about lowering my blazer, but these situations make me think otherwise. I might just keep it stock.

Be safe, guys. Don't try to push the limits, don't need anybody drowning or losing their vehicles...

Old 10-29-2012, 11:36 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default Where I live

I dont think we are going to have any issues with flooding just wind and high waves on the Great lakes.Gales warnings for 25-30fters on Lake huron.Winds will occasional gust up to 60mph after it comes ashore and moves inland.Not much prep I need to do.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:00 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Weathers gotten worse here... and shes not even close

Old 10-29-2012, 06:52 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Talking to my friend in Ohio today. He's about an hr west of Cleveland & he said for the past 2 days they've had tons of rain, winds around 45mph that gust to 60 & they're in for the same for another 3-5 days. 20' waves off Lake Eire at Cleveland are common right now.
Sandy is quite the slow ***, fat, mean biotch of a storm. A true Broadzilla. Be safe & like the Governor of NJ said "don't be a hero"!

Old 10-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Well just allot of wind and rain at my house so far! I'm waiting for day light tomorrow to venture out and see what kind of damage I can find and head to the inlaws if needed. I'll also be heading to check on my store that's nine blocks from the Potomac river in Alexandria VA. Luckily the elevation climbs pretty quick and I don't think there is any way the water will get that high. How's everyone else making out so far?

Old 10-30-2012, 12:33 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

We haven't heard from our east coast friends.
Here's a reason why to the magnitude...
VIDEO: Latest on Sandy

Look at all the vids, I can't be sure which was the reporter at the house being pummeled by waves, but it's amazing. I'm not religious but God bless all of our friends & their family that are dealing with this. They probably need all the help they can get.

PS I hate the fact that internet companies have commercials where there is a national emergency with millions involved & they feel the need to have commercials. I sofaking hate that, selfish companies.
Get you chit together & think about your fellow Americans & do what's right. Not just what you can for a profit!

Last edited by Rottidog; 10-30-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:33 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default Super storm Sandy

Im watching the weather channel this am as I get going to start my day watching all the vids of damage from this supper storm.Incredible My heart goes out to those in jersy/New York and other places along the east coast that took a whoopin from this storm.
As for where I live we lost power breifly after I went to bed last night but other than alot of wind and rain we made it through this storm ok so far.What bums me is we will still feel the affect of this storm for another day or two as it moves away.20-30mph wind with gust up tom 50mph alot more rain.Some places got a mix of snow and rain from the winter side of this storm.OVER 80k people in se lower Michigan lost and are without power!I`ll be glad when things get back to normal

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 10-30-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:34 AM
mmmrodge is on a distinguished road

No big problems up here in Massachusetts. I hope everyone is safe in NY NJ PA VA NC

Old 10-30-2012, 02:30 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Finally got my power back.... We had a few down trees and lots of rain... Hope every ones alright.

Quick Reply: Hurricane prep