Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   I Hate Phiily! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/i-hate-phiily-41753/)

Biohazed 03-06-2010 07:25 AM

I Hate Phiily!

WEll This morning I was headed out my door to my '95 when i caught a quick glimpse of my wheels.... someone took all my center caps. but the interesting part about it is they replaced them .... I HAD the factory Chevy center cap with the gold bowtie ..... now I have 4 Black Logo-less centercaps, and to add insult to injury .... all the plastic lug covers which I JUST Replaced a few months ago all all stolen yet again .... probably by the center cap thief ... so yeah I'm a little PO'ed atm lol

blazer128 03-06-2010 07:29 AM

that sucks

cbr995 03-06-2010 09:30 AM

O...K...
That's Hilariously weird.
But that does suck.

chiefum 03-06-2010 10:35 AM

Sorry to hear that........................karma will get them back in the end..............I guess you could look on the positive side............. at least that's all they took.

LuvMyTJ 03-06-2010 02:26 PM

A courteous thief... nice. Throw away those lugs, buy real lugs without covers, and a locking set. Then, see if you can fasten, or cable the caps on from the back side. And get an alarm for the Blazer... you'll save a couple dollars on insurance with one also. Get a security camera, a nice firearm, or maybe mean a dog? Nothing is fool proof, but at least you can up your odds.

nj4x4blaze 03-06-2010 02:43 PM

Oh damn... At least the person gave you their ****ty center caps. Probably someone in your area that did it. Doubt it was someone random just driving around. Chances are they have seen your truck before and figured out a time that you will not be leaving your house to do the swap.

Phil 03-06-2010 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ (Post 308612)
A courteous thief... nice. Throw away those lugs, buy real lugs without covers, and a locking set. Then, see if you can fasten, or cable the caps on from the back side. And get an alarm for the Blazer... you'll save a couple dollars on insurance with one also. Get a security camera, a nice firearm, or maybe mean a dog? Nothing is fool proof, but at least you can up your odds.

Amen to that! As my dad has always said- "If someone wants to steal something bad enough, they'll find a way. But atleast make it hard for them, and make it so that they'd have to take time and would probably draw attention to themselves."

Sorry they took your centercaps. If you want, I'll be ditching my centercaps once I put on my Camaro rims. If you pay shipping I'll gladly send you mine. I currently got what I believe people call the "sawblade" rims, if those centercaps will fit.

Biohazed 03-06-2010 08:53 PM

well i'm thinking of selling the truck anyway to upgrade to a newer Blazer maybe a ZR2 just waiting on my Tax Return plus i just got it washed today for the first time in over a month and was greated with 2 big stains on my front rims I have no idea who it happened so if i keep it i'll be getting new rims anyway.

Phil 03-06-2010 10:58 PM

Okay, but don't say I didn't offer! :p

Rottidog 03-06-2010 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ (Post 308612)

i have a shep/husky/coyote thats retarded & freaks out at everything & then there's Theo, the rotti/bull mastif at 135lbs of muscle & jumps a 6' fence lol, go ahead, piss him off, i dare ya & NO i wont clean up the body parts

all that being said i didnt care about the pinging sound i heard one morning & the dogs barking a bit (inside) i just thought my neighbors were doing something odd in their yard, later to see that someone tried to break into my truck by punching the sheet metal under the DS door handle
next time Theo, Louis & i will pay them a proper greeting (louis is my Louisville Slugger, i'll ask nicely - which do i let go of to call the cops?)

why are the center caps not INSIDE the rims?
ok stockers are odd/awkward, but to steal them AND replace them?... you sure a friend isn't messing with you? lol