Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   I Hate Phiily! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/i-hate-phiily-41753/)

RangerG 03-07-2010 12:22 AM

You know what this means... It's time to find someone with a Blazer with the center caps you used to have and do a little swaperoo...

It's this very thing that bothers me all the time. I live in a not-so-good neighborhood and always am concerned about theft and vandalism. Twice there have been groups of people at late hours going house to house trying to open unlocked vehicles.

I have all the guns a guy could need, but those don't do squat when you sleep like brick.

I wanted to get an alarm for it, but I already have a command start that came with it. The local alarm store rep told me that having a separate command start and alarm wouldn't work because they would "fight" each other all the time.

So it would cost me $700 to get my current command start ripped out and replaced by a alarm/starter. Doesn't seem like a good use of money.

Rottidog 03-07-2010 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by RangerG (Post 308823)
You know what this means... It's time to find someone with a Blazer with the center caps you used to have and do a little swaperoo...

It's this very thing that bothers me all the time. I live in a not-so-good neighborhood and always am concerned about theft and vandalism. Twice there have been groups of people at late hours going house to house trying to open unlocked vehicles.

I have all the guns a guy could need, but those don't do squat when you sleep like brick.

I wanted to get an alarm for it, but I already have a command start that came with it. The local alarm store rep told me that having a separate command start and alarm wouldn't work because they would "fight" each other all the time.

So it would cost me $700 to get my current command start ripped out and replaced by a alarm/starter. Doesn't seem like a good use of money.

yup $900 for an alarm with remote start & door options etc... yikes, thats a chitload for an alarm that starts at $150... but the immobilizer bypass, GM bypass & starter cut out etc etc ... big money

RangerG 03-07-2010 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rottidog (Post 308824)
yup $900 for an alarm with remote start & door options etc... yikes, thats a chitload for an alarm that starts at $150... but the immobilizer bypass, GM bypass & starter cut out etc etc ... big money

Yeah, so much for that idea.

Hey, you should know. Is there any Rottweilers under $150 that won't eat my interior or go to the bathroom in my truck if I leave it in there all the time??

Rottidog 03-07-2010 08:55 AM

lol thats all up to the individual dog & how it was raised.
Remember, it's very rare there is a bad dog, more likely a bad owner.

GeorgesBlazah 03-07-2010 09:35 AM

That sucks!

I was in Philly last night getting some cheesesteaks...nom nom nom

LuvMyTJ 03-07-2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by RangerG (Post 308823)

You may want to get a second opinion on an alarm. My Caddy has all that crap on it and I was first told the parts to make it happen were gonna be about $500 plus install. I got it done at a shop near my office for $250 and it works fine. It may work for you too. :icon_shrug:

old skool luvr 03-07-2010 04:49 PM

only one thing to say on this brother, what kinda s**thole neighbour hood do you live in?

i mean, it's one thing to have someone rip something off of your ride, but for them to leave something that is a load of crap in it's place................what, they thought you'd never notice?

Biohazed 03-07-2010 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 309014)
only one thing to say on this brother, what kinda s**thole neighbour hood do you live in?

i mean, it's one thing to have someone rip something off of your ride, but for them to leave something that is a load of crap in it's place................what, they thought you'd never notice?

I Live in Philadelphia, the whole city its turning into a demilitarized zone slowly but surely.

Unlimitedsp 03-08-2010 12:53 PM

That sucks dude. At least they left you with some center caps. Same thing happened to my buddies civic. Some mexicans stole his car, They found it in philly with the system still in, $6000 engine untouched. But they stole his wheels. Funny thing is they stole his wheels but replaced them with honda stockers and locked the car. I guess philly has some nice thiefs.

ScarletWitch 03-08-2010 09:29 PM

That so funny man, I'm sorry but it is. Its so funny to me in part because I had my 95 Cadillac parked in Rockford Illinois for about 35 minutes and came out and some jacka** took off my center caps and then popped out the plastic center with the logo and then put the metal ring that said Cadillac Deville back on. I was so pi**ed off when i came out but at the same time it was funny as all he**. I mean really why would you sit there and take the time to pop out the middles and put the ring back on? For that matter what the he** would you want or do with the center pieces?