Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

I have a Better job now

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:18 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default I have a Better job now

After many failed trys at getting a raise at My old job I got fed up and just quit . The deal when I started was that I got a certain amount per hour and after 30 days I would get a raise that met my ability . I worked my *** off to show them what I was made of and got nothing but praise , My boss said that I was the best worker he ever had , but he told me that headquarters wouldnt aprove it . This went on for over six months and finally I quit . Now the good part I lucked out and got a job with what seems to be a great company , I started there monday and already got a raise today plus I get a very reasonable commission . Now I am a automotive tech and they treat me great .

Old 03-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

im kinda in your old shoes, i get paid more than some of my co workers, but its not enough. i was promised a raise, but that was supposed to kick in a month ago, abilities and catching on to the job are a must. not to mention my tools must be at work because none are provided and now i cant make side money working out of my garage till i get 2 sets of tools...

im still waiting on my raise and thinking about making resumes.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:47 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

The best thing about this job is that There helping me get ase certified and my NY state inspectors license . Right now I just need to get certified in brakes and suspension and steering , I don't think I have read this much since high school . After I get certified in that , then I think I'll study for the Exhaust system test .

Old 03-27-2011, 04:02 AM
just plain lucky is on a distinguished road

Man I feel you all on the job front thing, I worked 6 months for a company that had a pay that would increase in regards to your output, boy what a mistake. November was cool last yr. I pulled in 103k in sales and got a nice 1g commission check Pay went up a little but I was still use to making twice as much for what I was doing.Dec was tough but I pulled 75k in sales and got a nice 750.00 commission, then the quota went up he hired a bunch of newbies who ended up coping my pitch. I got out of there with a quickness, One of the newbies came in with a sickness gave it to me and I was out for like 10 days on the eleventh day I got hired at another job then found out he 1099 me after 2 days quit that job the next day got hired nice full time job with sat and sun off, I was working 6 days a week. So now I am pretty happy but still waiting on other interviews at jobs paying more than what I make now. This is the job crazies in Southern California. There is work here but you just need to apply yourself and at times watch your back. Ya all take care

Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

new job here too, but its 5.5 hours away lol

oh well, money is good, later ya'll

Old 03-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Before you complain too much at least you have a job and are getting paid ASE certs are a pain in the behind but are manageable if you know what you are doing.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:04 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the new job I'm hoping to eventually find something in terms of automotive tech.