Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Im sooooooo!!! UG!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Im sooooooo!!! UG!

SO, heres my issue, I try to help people WAY too much! at what point do you just give it up?

in the last month or so I had a friend whos Jeep was having issues, it was shaking violently after having some work on the head gasket done...I told him to have the transmission mounts and engine mounts checked...he didnt want to believe me so finally it got so bad he took it in and GUESS WHAT THE ISSUE WAS? they did not tighten the mounts all the way last time it have been worked on!

THEN last week, My other friends 96 nissan pick up was sputtering and stalling at lights, he was going to take it in and spend 100 bucks to get a diagnosis, I told him clean your maf sensor, I have the stuff, you can borrow it, if that does not do it check your dis cap, he treated me like im just a woman what the hell do I know....he took it in and spent 100 bucks to be told what I had JUST TOLD HIM!

AND AGAIN! a friend was in the hospital recently for a few days and did not have insurance, he was thinking of filing bankrup because his bill were about 35,000 I told him they have programs for people with low income and you should really go check it out....he waited and waited and then finally went in THEY ARE WRITING IT ALL OFF! he does not have to pay any of it....do I get so much as a thank you for the info? NO

why do I bother?

Old 01-25-2011, 11:29 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bre I feel the same way. I quit giving advice unless its asked for! That's an easy way to nip it in the butt!

Old 01-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Starting Member

maybe also getting new friends would help me LOL ARG!

Old 01-25-2011, 11:57 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

Bre, i know it sucks being the thankless wealth of information but i'm sure even without it there's the gratification knowing you were right about the mechanical side of it all! in the hospital case tho i'd feel the satisfaction knowing my friend didn't need to file bankruptcy, but i'd also be harassing the living *** outta them to get insurance.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:02 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I rub their faces in it when **** like that happens. Buddy of mine's snowmobile wouldn't start unless he put pressure on the throttle at idle. I told him it was a TPS and to by-pass it to prove it. "No way dude" is what I got. "Alright, I've only been doing this **** since I could walk."

Dragged it to a dealer and 300 dollars later was told the same thing... He was overcharged for the part, they made him buy an entire TPS too when all he needed was a plastic washer that was worn and had broken because of a bit of ice build up. I told him after and got "WTF, why didn't you tell me?" "Listen dip ****, you didn't want to listen to my advice before, but maybe next time you'll give what I say a little bit of consideration, had you done what I told you to it would have costed you $0.50 to fix your sled, instead it was 300. This my friend was a lesson you needed to learn, don't be so stubborn because it'll cost you."

Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm...

Old 01-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Starting Member

LOL I like that Pat! good for you!

My friend cant just get insurance, it is way different in the US, you can not just get insurance and if you even qualify to buy it it is NOT cheap. They really dont care about peoples health here.

OH MY GOSH!! I took my truck in to get the alternator tested (of which I guess is fine and I am just a worry wart) and to order my ac compressor hoses that have a crack, and find out prices for new tires......He is the Mechanic for the dealership I got my truck at, he always lets me borrow tools and things and is always trying to get me to bring the blazer in LOL he told me you should do this on the side, he said he would get me some small jobs and I could come in on the weekends and work on cars! I was like YEAH!!!!

Old 01-25-2011, 12:18 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Hmm...
This just went down over the phone maybe an hour ago, I was still boiling over.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. I typically do not gloat, but some people just need the "I told ya so!"

If I got upset over every person that didn't listen, I would probably be a wreck. Likely wouldn't be here at BF any more either.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Starting Member

yeah I am sure you guys get it all the time...I mean these are people I have known for years and you would think they would give you a little more credit, what really bugs is the your just a woman attitude I get....so stupid!

Quick Reply: Im sooooooo!!! UG!