Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Its offical GM Drops Pontiac!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Its offical GM Drops Pontiac!

Well its offical Pontiac is axed by the end of 2011. Saturn Gets the axe at the end of this year. Sabb will be broken off and Hummer will soon be gone. Plans are to keep Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC and axe the rest. Word is the pontiac G8 and the Solstice will not be rebadged as a chevy but completely dropped. But the vibe might still be made in 2010 by Toyota. There is no talk of bringing them back, just like they did with Oldsmobile.By the way this looks if this does not work say goodbye to GM.

Maybe Ill go pickup a G8 now that pontiacs value probably dropped 50% today.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:11 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

I heard this a few days ago. Sooo disapointing. They should keep pontiac and drop buick if nothing else. Who drives a buick anymore?

Old 04-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Beginning Member
BomBlazer is on a distinguished road

yeah, it's sad.... but I guess we can't do anything about Obama Motors anymore can we?

Old 04-27-2009, 05:45 PM

Don't even get me started on that guy...

Old 04-27-2009, 06:10 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mech cb
I heard this a few days ago. Sooo disapointing. They should keep pontiac and drop buick if nothing else. Who drives a buick anymore?

Lol, so true!

Get rid of Buick!!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:14 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Buick is selling VERY well overseas. They wouldn't dump the Trishield. China LOVES the Buick, it's a status symbol for them. Go figure.

If anyone wants an investment opportunity, buy up all the replacement Pontiac parts and resell them when people need them! All the ones that aren't cross platform, that is.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:25 PM
GMJimmy is on a distinguished road

I understand keeping Cadillac around for the Boomers, but both Buick and Cadillac can fill the same luxury niche. Pontiac is unique in it's position within the company; getting rid of it is a poor decision on GM's part.

Today is a very, very sad day in the American auto industry.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 PM

I can't imagine what it's gonna be like loosing GM, or even having it as a gov't run company....but I guess we're about to find out here by the end of the year.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:42 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

they are also talking about dropping GMC. Leaving chevy as the low-class, buick as the mid-class, and cadillac as the high-class.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:04 PM

But GMC does so well with thier work trucks-You gotta remember, they have more than just pickup trucks.

Quick Reply: Its offical GM Drops Pontiac!