Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Joining the dark side...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:12 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I will say the newer Fords are extremely nice, and from what I hear they are well built. I still don't think I'd ever spend the money to own one though. I just really don't like them. And the older stuff (90's-early 00's) were just plain crap on wheels. They were built by 2 year olds it seemed like.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

I gotta say I always been a fan of the older Bronco body style. Just Rip the 5.0 out and drop in a 350 4bolt. lol

Old 10-01-2009, 11:11 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Those 302 were terds according to my father who's owned alot of fords... He's always had better luck with his GM's though, from his 68 Chevelle 327 he had in 71 all the way up to his 2007 Sierra he has now. I remember being little and teasing him because his Ford would be back at the garage getting some tiny little issue fixed, every week it was the same thing, something else went wrong. His Sierra hasn't been into the garage for anything other than regular maintenance. His friend has had countless problems with his 2007 F-150.

Funny thing is, because of owning a Ford, my dad is now really good friends with one of the mechanics back at the dealer, we havn't had a Ford since 2001. We just hear horror stories.

Hope this truck treats you right.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Starting Member
RolingKCBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm hoping for the best i mean i hate ford too lol but its mainly going to be for off roading and somthing to drive around in the snow....My wife says the 1st time that i take it out its gunna fall apart lol

Old 10-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Starting Member
hotrod413 is on a distinguished road

i had a 1988 thunderbird with the 5.0..it hauled *** when it ran...I had an issue with freeze plugs, fuel pumps, and distributors...other then that it was a good car..highly optioned, and very solid...

Old 10-01-2009, 08:48 PM
SmokeDogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sisk

Fix Or Repair Daily.
F*%&ker Only Runs Downhill

Old 10-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

I thought you got banned from the forums for owning a ford?

:P

Last edited by Byte Stryke; 10-01-2009 at 09:28 PM. Reason: because I ate paint chips as a child
Old 10-01-2009, 09:32 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
Those 302 were terds according to my father who's owned alot of fords... He's always had better luck with his GM's though, from his 68 Chevelle 327 he had in 71 all the way up to his 2007 Sierra he has now. I remember being little and teasing him because his Ford would be back at the garage getting some tiny little issue fixed, every week it was the same thing, something else went wrong. His Sierra hasn't been into the garage for anything other than regular maintenance. His friend has had countless problems with his 2007 F-150.

Funny thing is, because of owning a Ford, my dad is now really good friends with one of the mechanics back at the dealer, we havn't had a Ford since 2001. We just hear horror stories.

Hope this truck treats you right.
I had a 86 Ford Taurus that ran good despite the tranny starting to slip before I got rid of it. As far as Ford small blocks, depends on who built it and how it was maintained.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Starting Member
RolingKCBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigkhans

I had a 86 Ford Taurus that ran good despite the tranny starting to slip before I got rid of it. As far as Ford small blocks, depends on who built it and how it was maintained.
As i stated above its jasper rebuilt motor an trans an he said it hasnt been offroad since he put them in.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:11 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Frigin' Old Rebuilt Dodge
Fix Or Repair Daily
Found On Road Dead
Fast Only Rolling Downhill
First On Race Day
First On Recall Day
Fabricated Of Refried Dung
Fails On Rainy Days
Fantastically Orgasmic Realistic Dream
Fatally Obese Redneck Driver
Fault Of R&D
Finally Obsolete Racing Device
Fireball On Rear Denting
First On Road to Dump
First On Rust and Deterioration
Fix Or Recycle Dilemma
Flipping Over Results in Death
Flipped Over Roadside Disaster
Follow Our Rusty Dogsled
Foot On Road Decelerates
Forced On Reluctant Drivers
Formed Of Rejected DNA
Forwarded Once; Return Denied
Forward Only; Reverse Defective
Forlorn, Old, Ratridden Dustbin
Fork Over Repair Dough
Fouled Out Re-done Dodge
Frequent Overhaul, Rapid Deterioration
Free Or Reduced Drastically
Frequent Opinion: Really Disappointed
Fumes and Odors Readily Detectable
Funny Old Rattling Dump
(backwards) Driver Returns On Foot

Thats the PG versions

Last edited by neo71665; 10-01-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Joining the dark side...