Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

laser eye surgery?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road
Default laser eye surgery?

Has anyone had this procedure done or know of anyone that has done it? Im considering it. Have a consultation next week.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:09 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

My mom had it a long time ago, back when it was still fairly new. It turned out fine for her. A buddy of mine has been thinking about getting it too.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:42 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I got PRK. The Army was doing a free test run of setting up Laser Eye clinics at major bases, and did their first run at Ft. Bragg. I got PRK because the old school lasik was for chumps. I had 20/475 and 20/550 right and left. Post op (done in 2003) i walked out with 20/15 and 20/20 right and left. thats right, the Army gave me a BETTER than optimal eye.

It's wicked sweet. First they go through a bunch of lame tests to see if your blindness = the kind they shoot lasers at. Then they squirt battery acid-like numbing drops which burn the F out of your eye, but make then numb to the touch. Then you lay down and listen to some soothing cool jams on a cd designed to ease the stress of some fool shooting lasers at your eye.

Next an assisstant with slightly more education than me and my high school 2.38 gpa takes a medical dremel to your eye scruff the surface and rendering you highly aggitated and blinder than before.

Thats when the lights kick off and Dr. Laser beam starts shooting you eye meat. You will get to see the smoke of your burning eye float away. *BONUS* the average dude will never smell this again, so note it in the old brain wrinkles...

Lather, rinse, repaet for the other eye. And it's game time. At this point you will be grinning like a goofy A-hole because, "Holy Sh*T! I can SEE!" it will look like opening your eyes underwater, but with contacts in.....
From there you will pound some tastey pills and retire zombie-like to your bed.

Roughly 8-10 hours later you will wake up to the WORST pain of your life. this is because your zombie-like *** did not set the alarm to eat new drugs. You want your drugs BEFORE the old ones wear off. IT SUCKS!!!! It feels a lot like someone did all the stuff i listed above to your eyes, except now you are not in the fastlane to Opiate Town while it's going on. Now you are working a grinding dead end job while raising a family you resent in Painsville. EAT YOUR PILLS OFTEN AND EARLY!

After about day 3 you feel good to go. After about day 5 you ARE good to go. After about 2 weeks you will not have such sensitivity to cold/heat/light, and after about 3-4 weeks the little halos around lights at night go away.

RECAP: DO IT! it is awesome!

Old 11-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

lol thanks for the explanation. it was great.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:26 PM
BF Veteran

np

i know i made it sound rough, and the first 2-3 days can be, but it's HIGHLY worth it if you can afford it and have OEM eyes.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:42 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If you really want to be grossed out you can watch the videos on how they do it. It doesn't look enjoyable. lol

Old 11-19-2009, 06:12 PM
BF Veteran

you're numb for it...

Last edited by ABN31B; 11-19-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:19 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah, but I wasn't numb when I was shown the video. lol

Old 11-19-2009, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran

LMAO! hahahaha

Old 11-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

I had it in the Army also.... x2 on the recommendation DO IT!!

Quick Reply: laser eye surgery?