Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Long beach washington trip (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 03:56 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about
Default Long beach washington trip (pics)

i just took a trip to long beach and took a few pics of the blazer on the beach so i thought i would share.

No im not stuck in the bottom two pictures lol just playing. it was funny tho some kid in a early 90's lifted Silverado came over to me and said "thats why you need 4WD to drive on the beach man do you need a pull" i said "no i have 4WD im just taking a picture real quick" so he says ok and tries to get moving and proceeds to sink the left side of his truck due to his open diff so i get in and drive straight out in 2WD and he has this stupid look on his face like and i say "yep that's what a locker's for"

Old 10-02-2011, 05:40 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

gotta love them g80 rears =P

Old 10-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Damn i wish there was places like that where you can drive on the beach out here.... Very cool

Old 10-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yah man driving on the beach sounds like alot of fun I went to tybee island about a month age and took pictures parked in the mayors spot lol

Old 10-03-2011, 12:08 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

parked in the mayors spot? lol that had to be pretty funny. And yeah it was a lot of fun driving on the beach. I had never been to long beach before then and i live in Washington so i finally decided to take a trip down there. 25 miles of beach to play on was fun as long as you could stay out of the po po's site :P there where a couple idiots driving their NEW trucks trough the salt water, and i was worried about driving through the salty sand.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:10 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

salty water and engines not a great mix =)

Old 10-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yah it was fun, My wife and I was all frantic triing to back into his spot hop out then take the picture but anyway I didnt get to drive on any sand. we have an picture of it on this forum if you want tocheck it out

Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 AM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
so he says ok and tries to get moving and proceeds to sink the left side of his truck due to his open diff so i get in and drive straight out in 2WD and he has this stupid look on his face like and i say "yep that's what a locker's for"
HaHa! He underestimated the Blazer didn't he? lol

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
gotta love them g80 rears =P
I have been hearing a lot about these G80 rear-ends, and some horror stories. I have a posi, but it dosen't really work like it should. Atleast I dont think so.

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
Damn i wish there was places like that where you can drive on the beach out here.... Very cool
I know right! I usualy go to Myrtle Beach in S.C. there really isn't enough room there and plus its not allowed. I'm thinking you can in parts of the Outter Banks here in N.C. but not sure. Last time I was there a month ago or so, there was a Police Ford Escape sitting on the frame. They ended up bringing a tractor to yank him out

Old 10-06-2011, 08:57 PM

you have a posi? if you are talking about a blazer then you don't have a posi, either open diff or the G80 well unless of course you changed it lol. and yeah there are alot of bad stories about g80's but in every one of the stories there is a idiot driver attached to it haha. If you're intelligent then its pretty hard to destroy the g80.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
you have a posi? if you are talking about a blazer then you don't have a posi, either open diff or the G80 well unless of course you changed it lol. and yeah there are alot of bad stories about g80's but in every one of the stories there is a idiot driver attached to it haha. If you're intelligent then its pretty hard to destroy the g80.
Yeah, I'm not sure what it is... If its a g80 then its broke! because that left rear wheel just-a-turnes while the right one just flips me the bird. Now when I first got it, it was a different story, it acted like a posi. Then my trusty mechanic friend Al and I was changing the grease in it, and he said we needed to go get an additave that it had clutches. I remember seeing one side was open looking in and if you turned the axle to the other side you couldn't see the spider gears because thats where all the stuff was.. I'm gonna go find a picture real quick: this is what it looked like, now it wasent this big, but this is a great example. My wifes uncle has a auto recycling yard, he says there is a bravada rear end he has that I would want because its a posi. He wants $300 for it, it matches my grear ratio and is in real good shape. The downfall is that its got drums and my blazer has disc's, not to hard to swap though... think its worth it?

Last edited by FsTFwRd; 10-06-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: picture

Quick Reply: Long beach washington trip (pics)