The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

A lot of bad luck in one day.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Beginning Member
forestghost07 is on a distinguished road

Hey gio, been there with days like that ... uggh.

Like - I took my little '72 MGB on a awesome 2500 mi vacation trip up from Fla thru the Carolinas. The car I worked on 9 months non stop remember? Well it ran like a 90 HP bat outa hell LOL!!, gave me 33 MPG, and blew away a fart-can Mitsubishi in the twisties up on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Then on the 600 mi run from NC to Daytona in 95 degrees and constant 85-90 MPH, the entire powertrain lost all its oils - motor, gearbox, rear end!! :-O I get to Daytona I'm like WTF?? Turned out the heat and speed were too much for 3 of the 40 yr old oil seals

I refilled everything (almost 3 GALLONS of $$ oil, yikes!) and drove back to Miami at night, slower lol. The 3 ancient failed seals (timing cover, rear trans., rear axle) are replaced now. Don't worry buddy. you'll get it all sorted out; glad no personal harm came to you

Old 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

It's a wire. Replace or jump it in the mean time.
Ok let me get a beer ... brb
OK, don't mean to hijack here but...
A month ago I was out (1st time in 18 months with my boat because of engine issues with the blazer). My friend is after me to come out, so I borrow a friend at works dodge ram to haul the boat. Fine all is good & then after a day of fishing i see a guy in a boat with a HUGE rooster tail behind him bugger off behind an island. I follow 2 boats recording this on video & then BAM wtf. My 120 force has hit something, so I lift it up & see the skeg, 3 of 4 blades gone & the bottom of the outboard. At least it was end of day. The video & everything was erased/formatted on the camera due to drunk friends.

Then we have last weekend oh my... blazer over heating going out. Had to stop 4 times for it to cool down (issues with supercharger breathing in from the engine bay & 1 of 2 E fans going caput.)
NM that I get there & get my older 18' 1985 regal bowrider (huge boat for 18') on the water. Hmmm wtf is that, odd sound so I pull the dog house off & see 6" of water in the hull leaking from the manifolds.
Water pump is gone & manifold gaskets are leaking. GREAT, cruise around not far, not too long but I get to fishing lol.
I left my 3 steaks, 4 hand wrapped chicken burritos, bacon bits & 3 nice chucks of fillet mignon in the nylon insulated bag on the ground. In the morning I saw the racoons (foot prints) enjoyed all my labor of love.
That was after I woke at 5am seriously having to pee & can't figure out the zipper on my tent after ummm THAT many beer & vodka infused pineapple chunks. So I took the knife off my hip & cut the screen, put my hands down to push myself out the window & I cut my air mattress lol. I got to pee outside of my tent at least.

Last edited by Rottidog; 08-11-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:11 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I know its just a wire... A good way to start an house fire tho.

ANY WAYS I rewired it and all is well.. I took an other shower.
The tent story made my day tho =P.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:13 AM
BF Veteran

Then on the way home... from there should be 1 hr 45 mins... I left before noon & got back just after 4pm because I had to stop at least 6 times because the blazer was over heating.
After that my sister (who was sitting my dog) told me that my dog pee'd on her carpet (because she's part husky & coyote marking etc) & now I get to mow her lawn in lue of paying her for carpet cleaning.
How was your weekend? My last 2 months is going to cost me at least $500 in repairs to the bass boat, sucking up mowing my sisters lawn lol, gas that's unreal for hauling that boat, a new fan & all the jousts I get at work for telling people this story nm my gf lol.

OMFG it could have been worse! Thank God it wasn't!

Old 08-11-2012, 12:15 AM
BF Veteran

Lol John that's good.... but I had to pee...

pee in the tent & my shorts or cut the screen?... Duh screen looses!
What a weekend lmao I'll remember it all my life, it turned out all good even though I garbaged my matress & had to putt around to get to fishing spots.
Oh yeah I have to get & install a new water pump &/or diagnose wtf is the matter with the 3.8L in the bow rider too.
That bastard puts out 190HP. SWEET!!!

Last edited by Rottidog; 08-11-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Dayum man...That is a lousy day.

Same thing happened to my air compressor after a lightning strike.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:49 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Lucky on the wire. The wifes parents house took a lightning shot and the power went out.

They had an electrician come fix it, and it turns out the houses grounding rod was corroded away, so the charge bounced around the house burning wires and started a fire in the fuseboard below the kitchen. The only thing that saved the house was that the hot wire on the dishwasher melted the supply hose so water leaked through the floor and put the fire out... Lucky they sure were.

Was 10g to rewire their house.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:50 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

So I cleaned up all the hay up there. Funny How the animals like the hay that smells burnt better then the regular hay I give them.

Weird animals we have.... any way gives me a use of getting rid of it.

Name:  PICT1916.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  367.7 KB

Name:  PICT1917.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  324.8 KB

Name:  PICT1918.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  374.6 KB

Tomorrow Imma cut the the rest of the grass/weeds there . Then Pickup the soil with the york rake when I fix the clutch on the Ford 9n.

aw well at least something got done.