Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Lucas Mucas

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lucas Mucas

So I decided to go buy some of that lucas oil stabilizer and i was planning to just keep topping up with it for now, the bottle has zero instructions on it, so i assume this isnt a problem.

says it eliminates dry starts, helps cold starts, potentially reduces oil consumption, engine noise etc.

what i wanted was a slight rise in oil pressure, not that i NEED it, but more curious what it will do.

I hope this isnt a cleaning product as well (like rislone) I'm kind of a believer that gunk holds old engines together

this stuff is reeeeeealy thick, is it ok if I top up with it once in a while?

any other comments/opinions/experiences

off topic: Just seen yesterday we finally have sea foam here!! 1st time ive seen it in stores $11.99/bottle and they had a few different kinds. might try a little in the gas tank, little scared about putting it through the brake booster

Old 02-08-2011, 01:24 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I think I used something similar when I brought the blazer back to life, it was about the consistency of honey.... and took forever to get in, but I have had 0 hiccups while driving since.... idk anything other than that.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Starting Member
jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point

ive seen that lucas work miracles. my brother bought a 2000 sunfire with almost 400000 kms. the guy he bought it off had ran it totally out of oil, it sounded terrible even with oil in it. drained his oil filled it with 60 percent lucas for the first fill the thing has ran like a champ ever since. ive used it a few times never had a problem. but i think masks problems instead of fixing them. im pumped about the seafoam too we just got it in ontario.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Beginning Member
BLOND1WD is an unknown quantity at this point

Never heard of using it to top off.....most (myself included) just add it during an oil change. Guess it wouldn't matter though....

Old 02-08-2011, 07:37 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

ya my oil is still good

Old 02-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Beginning Member
greendouglash is on a distinguished road

I don't think it will hurt anything by just topping it off. I use Lucas for the power steering fluid additive. I love that stuff, it hasn't let me down ever yet. As for the Seafoam, I've heard good and bad things about that. Some people swear by it, but I've heard some bad things about it from some close friends.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I've had a few customers come in wanting that Lucas oil stabilizer "honey". They want us to fill the oil short by the size of the bottle (Quart?) and pour that stuff in. I saked one customer and he said it does wonders. I may try popping some in my oil the next time I change it.

Lucas also has a fuel injector cleaner I use. Good stuff.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:19 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

guy on the cavalier/sunfire forum i'm on as well claims the seafoam made his car take a royal dump everywhere. likely due to the fact it loosened the junk up inside the motor and covered a sensor or 2.

as far as the lucas goes, i've used it in many applications without issues and it cleared up some lifter noise on those motors. HOWEVER i used it on a previous oil change, i started getting the lifter tick in the jimmy from it as the oil was too heavy to circulate in the winter time when i started. waste of a bottle of lucas and the oil i used in it. but thats the first and only issue i've had with it.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Yeah I bet that stuff is as hard as a rock when it gets into the negative temps.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:48 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was about to say if you live in cold climates I wouldn't suggest it during the winter. I use a bottle of it every oil change and I love the stuff.

Quick Reply: Lucas Mucas