The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Lucas Mucas

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:32 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well my truck has almost 200k on the clock and I dont know how well or not well its been taken care of before. I use it never had issues with it and I will continue to use it. Now when I replace or rebuild Ill just use a full sythetic from 0 miles and I dont see a need for lucas then. But it does the job it was designed to do and quite well IMO. Everyone is entitled to theirs and thats is mine

Old 02-10-2011, 12:40 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

This may be the "placebo" effect, but it does seem to start smoother. And if it is true, that most engine wear occurs at start-up, this stuff should help, just based on the gear displays they have I remember playing with those when i was a kid lol and it was even obvious then haha

Old 02-10-2011, 12:55 PM

The stuff is like molases tho and like I said it works great for me.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Longer02
The only time I would put anything like Lucas Oil Stabilizer in my crankcase would be on an extremely worn out, tired engine that had some ticking, smoking, or both. All it basically does is thicken up the oil. There is no need for that stuff in a perfectly running motor.

X2.

Unfortunately it is not magic in a bottle.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^
Not sure why you mentioned anything about synthetic oil as that really has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Are you implying that synthetic oil lubricates better than conventional?
really? you're the one that inplied that it's a wasted product. and if theta's the case, then you probably have the same opinion towards synthetic oils.

^
I have never had any issues with dry starts. When I tore down the LS1 in my camaro to do a cam and spring swap the car had been sitting for 3 months. All the parts were still freshly lubed with oil. I would let that car sit for 4-5 months every winter without starting it. Never once had a problem when I went to start it the next spring.
i'm sure there was oil on the surfaces, but synthetic's leave a longer lasting film on surfaces.

I was simply stating my opinion and I have done a lot of reading on the stuff over at Bob is the Oil Guy forums. I will never use the stuff.
like you said, you're just stating your opinion................just like we all are.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not an implication at all, IMO it is a wasted product. If you want a thicker oil, then buy a thicker oil. Lucas dilutes the rest of the oil in the motor and takes away from its additives and detergents. Your motor isn't going to last any longer than mine is because you run Lucas. Do a UOA on Lucas and see what comes back.

Don't have anything against synthetic oils. Only oil my LS1 saw was 0w-30 German Castrol. However, synthetics do not leave a longer lasting "film". Synthetic vs conventional oil doesn't need to be discussed in this thread though.

There is a lot to be learned about Lucas and other oil "theories" over at http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Old 02-11-2011, 12:43 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

oh, i've read alot of his "preachings" while reading around his blog.

and like you've said already, it's all an opinion.

i know what works, and it works for all of my applications.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
oh, i've read alot of his "preachings" while reading around his blog.

and like you've said already, it's all an opinion.

i know what works, and it works for all of my applications.
Well said old skool. Well said.

It really is just a matter of opinons. In my opinon it works great so therefor I use and will continue to use it until it fails me.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree to disagree .

Old 02-12-2011, 03:21 AM

Sounds good to me. Sometimes agreeing to disagree is the only option

Quick Reply: Lucas Mucas