Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Mac or PC?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by okvortec
... No viruses ... and run Windows.
I ROFL'd so hard! good luck with that one, OK! haha

EDIT:
MAC's biggest advantage is also it's biggest disadvantage; MACs are proprietary technology!
PC's biggest advantage is also it's biggest disadvantage; PCs are not Proprietary technology!

I hate using macs if im trying to do crazy nerd stuff, but I tell you what; if a comp illiterate granny needed a comp, id totally tell her to get a MAC.

I do all my PS work on a PC, but I teach my PS class on both MACs and PCs at the same time. Most software that has been ported is still very similiar across platforms.

Last edited by Ugly_Monkey; 08-21-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Beginning Member
Jaxxon is on a distinguished road

As much as I hate Microsoft and Windoze I am a PC man. It's my job, what can I say.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:02 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

You must not know much about them? I can run Windows or Lepord, I have microsoft word, powerpoint, excel, and entourage. I don't need a computer for PS and technical stuff so get off my nuts.

IMO Mac is a great choice, I'm a student (which is who they are designed for) and it's all I need.

Originally Posted by Ugly_Monkey
I ROFL'd so hard! good luck with that one, OK! haha

Old 08-22-2009, 09:07 AM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

I have built my own systems since 1995. So I've been a PC guy. But Windows 98 was the last one I bought. Been Linux under the hood since 1999. What do you think Mac's OS X is based on?

Old 08-22-2009, 09:48 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cage47
I have built my own systems since 1995. So I've been a PC guy. But Windows 98 was the last one I bought. Been Linux under the hood since 1999. What do you think Mac's OS X is based on?
I thought Mac's OSX was based upon UNIX... not linux... right?

Old 08-24-2009, 06:57 PM
rockymcvey is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
I thought Mac's OSX was based upon UNIX... not linux... right?
Your correct, OsX is based on Unix, but Linux is also based on Unix.

I'm a PC user myself, currently using XP on one computer, Linux Mint on another on, and Window 7 on the last one.

I have used Mac's in the past, but even though, most ppl in my line of work tend to use Mac's (Graphic Design) I don't care, Photoshop actually performs better on windows machines, and even though Mac's are almost virus free, I can't see spending that type of money for a computer, especially now that Mac's are x86 based, it's the same hardware as a PC, just costs more with a different OS. So if I really want to be worry free, and not be able to run windows based software, I'll go with Linux. Which I really think Linux runs better than Windows or Mac honestly. But I still like to play games, so I must keep a Windows PC around.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:02 AM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

I was unaware they bought NEXT. My bad. But the desktop is a co-oped version of the Gnome desktop. But again six of one half dozen of another.

Hey Rocky, why not do a dual boot machine?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

all of the above.... I have 6 PC's (4 desktops and 2 laptos) and 1 Mac that needs a power supply lol

Old 08-25-2009, 10:17 PM
rockymcvey is on a distinguished road

@cage47

I used to dual boot Linux and xp, when I had a desktop, but the reason I don't anymore, is all of my pc's are now laptops, much easier for work purposes to just have computers I can carry around with me. And I'm still using the hard drives that came with them, and the laptop with the largest hdd is only 250 gigs, so I need the space, so only one OS to a computer. Although I'm currently thinking about building a new desktop, cuz I'm starting to do video editing, and I need allot more processing power, so if I do that I'll at least get a terabyte drive. And I may dual boot again.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

PC with XP for me, whats up with the one button mouse mac uses haha

Quick Reply: Mac or PC?