The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Mac or PC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 AM
elementtrev is on a distinguished road

i understand what your sayin but i still think mac is better, but once google crome os comes out im gunna use that. i like mac because they have the parallel os, so you can switch between mac or windows.

windows is nice too, cause i can get it for free. and install it on whatever with out needing a serial key. (windows nemesis!)

i had bad experiences with windows os. lost tons of stuff.

/New Question\

What is your Favorite Windows OS?

Me
XP
Vista
... ect.

Last edited by elementtrev; 09-11-2009 at 03:20 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:18 AM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

You all should enjoy this one.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX8yrOAjfKM

Old 09-11-2009, 12:07 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by amazinnblazin
You all should enjoy this one.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX8yrOAjfKM
Hahaha!!! That's pretty good stuff!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Starting Member
blazerJim1701 is an unknown quantity at this point

I use a powermac G5 and a Compaq presario laptop.

Mac os 10.5.8 & Windows vista.

Mac is so much better atleast Mac Os see's more than 3 GB memory and there arent 20thousand flavors of mac os like windows..

I have 16GB ram in my mac...

Old 09-16-2009, 09:15 AM
rockymcvey is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazerJim1701
I use a powermac G5 and a Compaq presario laptop.

Mac os 10.5.8 & Windows vista.

Mac is so much better atleast Mac Os see's more than 3 GB memory and there arent 20thousand flavors of mac os like windows..

I have 16GB ram in my mac...
32 bit architecture only supports up to 4 gigs of ram, and that's why Windows Vista only supports 4 gigs of ram, if you get windows 64 bit, it supports up to 128 gigs of ram. And that goes along with the architecture of the pc. Even if you have 64 bit OS installed and have 32 bit architecture then windows will see more than 4 gigs, but the you won't be able to use all that ram at the same time, normally just up to 2 gigs by one application. The same goes with OSX, Even after Mac went 64, if you have a 32 bit system, you still aren't using over 4 gigs, and most apps won't use over 2 gigs.

Also btw, the reason their is so many version of windows, is because windows is a business OS above all else, and the higher versions have options that only people that in the business and server environment need. They could just offer one version to everyone, but it would be expensive, Microsoft takes out those options so a normal user doesn't have to spend such an amount.

I really don't have a problem with Mac personally, even though I'm mostly a windows and Linux user. I have used Mac's and I like the environment, but you can't blame windows for not doing something that's an effect of an architecture, especially when Mac OsX has the same limitations, the end user actually just doesn't know the limitations of the hardware in the newer versions of OSx, in windows they do.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:19 AM
rockymcvey is on a distinguished road

BTW, Windows 7 64 can address up to 192 gigs of ram, Windows 7 32 will still only address 4 gigs, also although most ppl still run 32 bit apps, so they are still only going to be using normally 2 gigs of that ram at a time.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:08 PM
sammyboy06 is on a distinguished road

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad and an Apple eMac G4. And whenever possible, I use my eMac, but I'm using my ThinkPad more often than anything because of the fact that it is a laptop and I have my work printer installed on my laptop. I wish I could carry my eMac with me... but people would give me weird looks for having a 50 pound computer on my back.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Starting Member
carterx is on a distinguished road

Mac all the way !!
Also helps when it's my job to support them in a educational environment.... heck I even have my own site www.TwistedMac.com