The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Which midsize suv would you choose

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:43 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AJBert
If/when the time comes to replace my Blazer I'll be getting an Avalanche with the 5.3. Powerful enough to tow with, versatile as all get out and easy enough to mod to make quite capable offroad.

As for the options you listed, I'd got with the Xterra. And there are plenty of aftermarket parts for them. MUCHO more than for what we all drive.
have you seen how much an avalanche weighs??? its monstrous, way too hard on fuel and too slow....

I like the exterior styling alot on the canyon z71's. I saw a blacked out red cab. lifted on big tires and i thought i was in love untill I seen interior pictures, total turn off. I wish they used the inline 6 from the trailblazer in them instead.

I really like the 4runner, id get the ol' v6 version for sure.

theses a question, do the xterra and 4runner use the same style front end like blazers do? wish bone they call it i think....I'd like something else preferably.

Also 1 vehicle i forgot to add was an xj with the 4.0, but that motor is seeming a little aged.....

Old 11-29-2010, 09:55 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I'm pretty sure xterra's and 4 runners use struts and springs in the front at least the newer ones. the torsion bar is a older dodge and chevy thing.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Beginning Member
BLOND1WD is an unknown quantity at this point

I've contemplated this myself lately, what with the Blaze getting ready to turn 200.000 in the next month or so. In my line of work, I can tell you Toyota's will run FOREVER with a lil' TLC. I myself have driven a late 90's model and was disappointed in the h.p., however. I really like the look of the XTerra's though and that would be my preference. And I highly advise NOT getting a Land Rover. It is extremely difficult to find aftermarket parts for these. I even struggled to get a brake master for a customer!

Old 11-30-2010, 02:01 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

since the xterra is built in north america can one assume that buying parts for them isnt rediculous?

is it really that much more to get an import repaired?

Old 11-30-2010, 02:08 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Another thing to consider about whatever you get is what the insurance will cost.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Beginning Member
BLOND1WD is an unknown quantity at this point

It really depends on the import. In my experience, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, these are common imports. Kia, Suzuki, Subaru, and Land Rover are probably the most difficult imports to get aftermarket parts for.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Kai
Kai is on a distinguished road

I see decked out Subis all the time. Parts can't be that hard to find for a Subi. Lots of wrxs and wrx stis driving around out here suped up to ****. But I do agree with its harder to find aftermarket parts for Kia, Suzuki, and Land Rover. But as I said I see lots of Subarus with aftermarket things on them but it is usually some form of a wrx.