Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Might have to put my dog down....

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 06:28 PM
croozer is on a distinguished road

So sad, whoever did this will pay the price because what goes around,comes around right back at ya. Maybe not today, tomorrow,this month or this year, but it will happen. POW,, PAYBACK,,right on the kisser !!!!

Old 09-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear about your dog.
How someone could do such a thing to an animal is beyond my comprehension, they should be buried neck deep in the sand and used as a litter box/fire hydrant in an animal park.

That being said I just have to share a lighter side of this issue (sorry for the mini thread jack). . . last summer my brothers neighbor had a cat with a 2 week old litter of kittens someone poisoned the mother and she died the neighbor did not have time to properly care for the kittens so my daughter (now 17 and just beginning her senior yr of high school) brought them all home and fed each by hand until they were old enough to eat normal kitten food and found a proper home for all but the smallest one, that one she kept (and named Karma) he has turned out to be not so little lol, same size as the yappy little sheltie dog my wife has (irritating thing that it is).
Personally I am not a cat person but I know how I feel about my pit/husky mutt and cannot begrudge anyone else's feelings toward any pet of their choosing.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:38 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

It's hard losing a pet. Years ago we had a Keeshond, and we went on vaction for a week, so we decided to board him at a kennel. When we picked him up, he was covered in ticks, so we ad to clean him up and so on...
A couple weeks later he stooped eating, and just lied around all the time. So we took him to the vet and come to find out he contracted Lyme disease from the ticks. We gave him meds and such, but it didn't help.
He died overnight. My brother and I were so heartbroken because we had the dog since I was 6.

I can't believe what some people do animals. It's disgusting. Yeah, I would wring that guy's neck that poisoned your dog, too.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:47 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to hear about your loss. We had to put our black lab Danzig down in 05 at 7 years old due to kidney failure. He had to have one kidney removed at 1 1/2 years old and they told us maybe we would get 1 more year with him. We got 6. The hardest thing to do was to bring him in and lay there on the floor with him nose to nose as he passed. My wife, myself and our good friend who is a Vet. Tech. administering the drugs crying our eyes out. I will say a prayer for you and wish bad things to the JAGOFF who did this.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:19 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I am so sorry!!! I can't believe people do such things. People just think of themselves and since the dog bothers them then its worth destroying the hearts of the owners. My neighbor's dogs bark constantly, but I would never think of doing something like that. I know what its like to lose a dog, I even broke down when my husband's 14yr old German Shepherd had to be put down.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Beginning Member
jonnyisback is on a distinguished road

She was the best dog ive ever had, one of the smartest etc, part of the family. I have my suspicions of who did it but have no proof... any way we had to put her down, otherwise she would have starved to death b/c she wasnt eating etc. Her kidneys failed from the antifreeze poisoning so there wasnt much to be done. She was 6yrs old. Heres a pic from a year or two ago. Thanks for all the support guys and gals.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Beginning Member
deck101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, very sorry to hear that. It sucks loosing a pet. We had a beagle for 6 years before he got cancer and had to be put down. I would trade the 2 puppies we got to replace him back for him in an instant.

Even worse knowing that someone poisoned and killed your dog. They deserve to pay!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

sorry to hear about your loss brother.

i feel for ya. i lost my "best friend" (8 1/2 year old blond Golden Retriever/Samoyd cross) a little over 4 years ago. passed away suddenly during the night on our first day of Summer holidays.

really sucked having to drive down from up North, but it was worth the 7 hours of driving to bury him @ my Mom's.

it still hurts to not have him around, but like Rich said, it does get better as time goes by.

hopefully the pond scum who did this, gets whats coming to them.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:13 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Sorry bout the pooch man, losing pets sucks.

When you find him, forcefeed him antifreeze via Urethra...

I had to put my 11 year old bunny down a few months ago, it sucked. Was the middle of the night on a weekend so i had to do it myself. 40mg of Oxycotin mixed in some yogurt worked wonders and it was easy for him.

Im generally a tough guy when it comes to being manly and such, but I cried like a little baby boy doing my own pet.

I had never killed an animal before that day.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

My dog is being put down on Saturday I can't even say goodbye because I'm over 500 miles away at school. This is the hardest part about having pets, hands down...

Quick Reply: Might have to put my dog down....