Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Might be picking up a new ride... So hard to choose!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road
Default Might be picking up a new ride... So hard to choose!!!

I'm getting ready for a cross country move... Mom doesn't seem to think that Neko will make it there, so I've been out car shopping.

Found a nice '94 Jimmy for $1795. Blood red, decent paint, not much exterior damage. Even has glass packs!!! I drove it and fell in love with it immediately. Especially those pipes!

But it looks like there was some kind of fight inside it because the center console is busted to pieces, there's stains all over everything, and there's a hole burned into the passenger seat. It's fairly nice, though. It doesn't smell, so with some time I can probably have it looking almost brand new since I took a sewing class for a few years preparing for situations like this.

Then again, I found a Range Rover at that same dealership for only $1500... I never test drove it, but they said it runs.

It's so hard to choose! What do you guys think I should go with? Personally, I want that Jimmy, but hey, a Range Rover. A FRIKKIN' RANGE ROVER FOR $1500!!!!!

Old 02-15-2011, 11:23 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest doing some online research regarding Range Rover's reliability. Depending on the year, there might be a good reason it's only $1,500. A '94 Jimmy should sell for $1,000-$1,500.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:28 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If the guys on Top Gear speak the truth... I'd stay away from the older Rangie's... Unless you need a $1500 boat anchor.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Might be more intelligent to fix your truck...

Old 02-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Starting Member

That's what I thought, but Mom says that if I don't sell mine and let her buy another, she won't give me any gas money to make the move and that she and my niece would take a train and leave me here with my dad. And I don't want that, if you know what I mean...

Old 02-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez.... Not more drama!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Starting Member

Yeah... I don't wanna talk about it here, though. I'm just trying to decide which one I gotta get.

Btw if anyone wants to buy Neko... PM me. I got a good friend who's supposed to be buying her, but I don't trust just anyone off the street, and if he can't afford to pay, I wanna make sure someone will take good care of her.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:00 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

a 94 jimmy is going to be the same thing your 91 blazer is... probably a little dogged out, and probably a little tired. you will probably get a grand or so for your ride. if you are going to buy another 1k vehicle, you will be in the same boat you are in now, except with a tore up interior.

I think if you put like $60 worht of love and maintenance into your current rig, and another $40 or so after you get to your new destination, she will last you longer than you think. Depending on what shape she's in now of course...

moving cross country in a new-to-you used 20 year old vehicle might not be the best call unless it comes with a sweet rock solid warranty... Just because you JUST bought it, doesn't mean it's reliable...

depending on how far you are moving, you might just make the drive with the extra cash (over the trade value) you have lying around for the new truck. That should easily be $500 or more judging by the price range you are shopping... that will show mom you mean business and threatening you with leaving you in a bad situation is a F-ed up thing to do

Also if you have $1500 to shop with, want something 'trust worthy' and have a long trip ahead of you...why not look at something a bit more economical and repair friendly than a RR... Like a civic/datsun/carolla or any number of 4-banger 30-model-years worth of car or tiny pick up.
for example
this car and its almost a race car!

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-16-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Might be more intelligent to fix your truck...
I agree. Doesn't sound like those other two vehicles are worth the money at all.

Or, you could always sell your current Blazer and buy a new one when you get to whererever you are going.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Starting Member

I kept telling her it would be cheaper and better to fix mine, but she'll hear none of it. The way I see it, if she wants to buy some junk car, it's fine with me. Just so long as it doesn't explode before I get there, I'm good. Besides, that Jimmy actually is a pretty decent ride, just kinda torn up inside.

Last edited by JTalley; 02-16-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Might be picking up a new ride... So hard to choose!!!