Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Might be picking up a new ride... So hard to choose!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

A trooper? OMFG is it a 2.3L Isuzu Turbo Diesel?!?!? if it is, I'll be flying out there to get it

Old 02-16-2011, 07:44 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im going to guess its not the turbo diesel. Haha but who knows!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

Soooo... Now that I've decided on the Jimmy, what do I do with Neko? I don't want to post on Craigslist. I just don't have the heart to do that. I literally almost started to cry when I tried. I just don't want scrappers to have her... I want to know that that Blazer is going to a good, loving home. None of my friends can afford the price.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

My opinion is give it to whoever comes with 500 dollars.

It's unfortunate but it doesnt matter who buys it, what was yours no longer is and you need to accept it. I did the same thing with my first snowmobile and it's a wreck now. Yeah it's too bad but I have 2 better sleds now.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I've been down this road before. In my experiences, it has always been cheaper in the long run to fix what I have than to buy another. Unless your truck is showroom condition (which it clearly isn't), you will never get the money out of it that you have into it. Didn't you say your truck was given to you? Why get rid of a truck in which you have ZERO dollars invested and spend $1500 that it doesn't sound like you can afford on a truck with an unknown history?

Again, you've already heard this from those who have either been in the same situation or know better not to even get themselves into the same situation. FIX YOUR TRUCK.

Also, no one wants to buy your hand-painted, poorly aligned, mismatched tire, rear-end damaged, "hit-and-run" accident truck for $500. While I don't condone dishonesty, we already know your truck's history. You would be better off pawning it off on someone who doesn't know what it's been through. For way less than $500, too.

If it were in pristine shape and needed nothing but gas, I could see you getting $1500-2k for it. Even then, you'd be selling a pristine Blazer to buy a Jimmy that's 3 years newer for $1500 retail. Which means the dealer got it for $400-600. Do you really want to buy a truck that's only worth $400-600 and be overcharged by $1k? But then again, if you had a pristine '91 Blazer, you wouldn't be selling it to buy something more reliable to drive cross country.

Literally started to cry when you began to post it on Craigslist? Ok, so say we are assigning human qualities to an inanimate object. You neglect the truck, use it in a high speed chase/escape, get in an accident in it, and NOW you want to see it go to a good home? Man, I feel bad for your next vehicle. Somebody should call up that Jimmy and warn it of its future before it's too late. Tell it to fake being sick so it can't be driven around on the day you test drive it. Tell it that it will be used and abused, neglected and left unrepaired and give it your last truck's VIN number so it can contact 'Neko' and hear first hand what it's like to be your vehicle. Started to cry? C'mon.

Are you looking to use the money from the sale of Neko to fund the purchase of the Jimmy? If not, have you considered donating it? There are plenty of companies out there that take unwanted vehicles, fix them up and give them to needy families who can't afford a running, reliable vehicle. What they do is send you a form with the value of the vehicle on it so you can write it off on your taxes as charitable giving. Donate it to your school before you move so they can work on it. Give it to a local paintball arena or firing range to use as a target. Think of the satisfaction you'll receive knowing you did a good deed for someone less fortunate!

If you do put it on craigslist, make sure you come up with some crazy, outlandish, funny story that will make people say, "I know this truck is a hunk of crap, but that kid can sure tell a story. I will give him full asking price just because he entertained me with his for sale ad." I would make the ad title say: "RARE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN ASPIRING VOICE-OVER ACTOR'S TRUSTY STEED ON THE CHEAP"

You do still have the title in a safe place, right? You're going to need that if you sell it. And you're going to have to go to the notary to sign the title over to the purchaser.

You could part it out as well. I'm sure someone can use a spray bombed red and white passenger's side door. Power windows and locks? Charge an extra $50!

If everything you've read so far isn't capital A-to-the-wesome advice so far, I don't know what to tell you.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Starting Member

Like I said over and over again, I would LOVE to fix it. Mom is making me sell it, and she is supposed to be buying this Jimmy.

Last edited by JTalley; 02-16-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:17 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Then is your Mom counting on the funds from selling your truck to buy the Jimmy?

Old 02-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Starting Member

No. Not at all. She has enough money right now that we could buy the Jimmy immediately, and still afford to get Neko fixed and make the move. She just says that since Dad won't fix what he did, she won't either. I can't afford to fix it.

I tried explaining to her that it would be cheaper and better to fix what we have, but all she does is yell and say I'm "harrassing" her.

When she makes up her mind, that's it.

I even tried telling her that in the shape it's in, the Blazer isn't worth that much. That could be a good car if she would cooperate. I even have a good friend who would do a professional paint job in an actual shop for $100 to fix what I did and make it look great! But she won't listen.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 PM
BF Veteran

So retrieve the title from your safe hiding place and donate it. No money out of your pocket and you can write it off on your taxes. Or if you're considered a dependent of your Mom, she can write it off her taxes.

Problem solved. And she buys the Jimmy for you. Wash your hands of Neko and sever all emotional ties.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Starting Member

I thought of giving it to my best friend for $200, but Mom refuses to let me sell it for less than $400. The problem is, the absolute most my friend can afford is $350.

Quick Reply: Might be picking up a new ride... So hard to choose!!!