The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Migraine Relief?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 AM
rodeofan5656 is on a distinguished road

i refuse to do the "medicinal herbs". ive tried it twice, and wont do it again.

but ill look into some of the prescriptions and see what works best. i guess alittle more research and a visit with the doc is better than just tryin to tough it out!

Old 10-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=rodeofan5656;543894]i refuse to do the "medicinal herbs". ive tried it twice, and wont do it again.QUOTE]

Theres nothing wrong with that man!! Thats a personal choice for everyone to make on their own. I hope you can figure something out I know watching my wife go from happy to not being able to see and almost in tears was painful for me I would hate to be the one with the actual migrane.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 AM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

while your at the doc see if he'll give you the sticker for your car so you can tint it as dark as you want legally an wont get in trouble if you have it, i have one an its awsome

Old 10-04-2012, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by trobbins
while your at the doc see if he'll give you the sticker for your car so you can tint it as dark as you want legally an wont get in trouble if you have it, i have one an its awsome
thatd be sweet!! but my old doc was a cool guy. hes been replaced with a real annoyin asian lady haha

Old 10-04-2012, 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=rexmburns;543897]
Originally Posted by rodeofan5656
i refuse to do the "medicinal herbs". ive tried it twice, and wont do it again.QUOTE]

Theres nothing wrong with that man!! Thats a personal choice for everyone to make on their own. I hope you can figure something out I know watching my wife go from happy to not being able to see and almost in tears was painful for me I would hate to be the one with the actual migrane.
i just see it as somethin to make people feel good. id rather do somethin else to get an adrenaline rush to feel good, than do that kinda stuff. i get my high from workin on engines or my Blazer. auto/diesel work is my drug

Old 10-05-2012, 10:46 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Amitriptyline is what my wife takes. Like I said before its an anti depressant but was prescribed to her to prevent the migraines. She takes one 25mg pill at night before bed and she says its like a 95% improvement from where she was before.
When I was younger I had horrible puke your guts out migraines. The doctor gave me Pamelor similar to your wife's situation. (this was when Imitrex was still only available as an injection). It worked like a champ. I took it for years and it helped reduce the migraines to one or two a month. I took myself of it a couple of years ago, and I've done ok. Mine stem from little headaches that tend to get big, so I do everything in my power to not let them get big. One trick I learned is a biofeedback method. I lay on my back and close my eyes. Take a deep breath in (I envision sucking in light... weird I know..) and when you breathe out, picture it going into your feet and out. After a little bit, the head pain start to lessen. Another technique that is similar is doing the breathing, but breathing out and trying to make your feet warm. It's primarily about redirecting your focus on the horrible pain in your head. It does actually work. (that and a lot of Ibuprofen!).
I would definitely go and see a competent doctor that has some experience with treating MIGRAINES, not head aches. Oh, and I'm down to like one a year.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

I don't think I get migrains but my doctor is conviced I do. He tells me that as soon as you feel a headache coming on to chug a large bottle of Gatorade. Strange right? He tells me that several of his patients that suffer from migrains find it will disappear before it starts. I haven't tried out this theory yet. Honestly I have found that I get far less headaches than I used to. I had two seperate severe concusions when I was younger and I used to have regular headaches as a result but over the last two years I have gone from having 3-5 a month to 3-5 a year. I usually treat mine with Advil.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

When I was younger I also used to get wicked migraines. I was on a combination of amatriptalyn and propananol for years. Like what was said in a past post the one is an antidepresant (UPPER) and one is a ( DOWNER). Before that I also had Imatrex and a few others. If you can't do the whole shut yourself off and go to sleep thing the next best I have found is Excedrin Migraine and coffee. However I take the pills 2 at a time and have taken as many as 8 in a day, I think the max on the label is 2. If you are going to take more then recommended and are not throwing up from the pain make sure you have full belly of food be ause otherwise all the caffeine in the pills will have you all tweaked out. Also I finf it some what comforting to massage the skin between the thumb and index finger on my hands. Good luck, another thing is have your teeth checked. I know sometimes if your teeth/jaw has a problem braces help. There was a player on The Denver Broncos who got braces to relieve his migrains.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:03 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I'm not making light of this in anyway because I know migraines are a bitch! But my gf has them often & sex is a relief.
Get off & all the blood circulation, breathing etc (Google it, headaches & sex)
does help!
In her case anyway the blood circulation, breathing, excitement helps alleviate her migraine. So call me a lucky boy lol.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rottidog
I'm not making light of this in anyway because I know migraines are a bitch! But my gf has them often & sex is a relief.
Get off & all the blood circulation, breathing etc (Google it, headaches & sex)
does help!
In her case anyway the blood circulation, breathing, excitement helps alleviate her migraine. So call me a lucky boy lol.
i tried to get my (now ex)fiance to believe that, but it never worked haha. but maybe next time

Quick Reply: Migraine Relief?